“Best pastries in Syracuse”

Picasso's Pastries and Cafe
Ranked #3 of 22 Dessert in Syracuse
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

For absolutely delicious desserts and excellent pastries, either small palmiers, cookies or generous cake slices, go to this place.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stopped in Picasso's during the Westcott Nation Cultural Fair and realized I should have come here a long time ago.

There was a long line, but the staff kept it moving quickly. I was glad for the line because it gave me some time to ogle all the pastries and baked goods on the counter and in the display case. Everything look delicious! The cookies appeared heavenly!

We probably could have ordered and eaten about a dozen items, but we settled for a slice (and it was a BIG slice) chocolate-pumpkin coffee cake and a piece of Hungarian nut-bread. Both were excellent. They were accompanied by a coffee and a hot, black tea.

All of the inside tables were taken and the couch and chairs were also occupied. Since it was a nice day, we opted to take our goods outside where there were a couple of tables and chairs.

Picasso's is going to be a regular stop. The baked items were just too good!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

They actually don't know my name, but do know my face as I am a frequent flier, or eater in this case.
Arrived the other morning to find that I forgot my wallet. Bummer. I asked if they would let me eat, I'd walk back home and return with the money. Not a moment's hesitation.
This is what it is like to be a neighborhood joint.
Oh. I almost forgot. The croissants- plain, chocolate, or pistachio are all great. Haven't had the almond,but I'm confident they would be yummy as well.
The shop est tres petit, but the food and the staff are tres gentil.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Finally made it over to Picasso's Pastries and we were not disappointed!! The cases were filled with wonderful looking pastries and treats and they serve Cafe' Kubal coffee too!! We got iced mocha coffee and regular hot coffee - both of which were fantastic. They have wifi and a nice seating area arrangement that encourages people to relax and unwind. We loaded up on pastries to take home. The selections change all the time but we had the hungarian nut roll (amazing), lemon and mixed berry cake (light and delicious), chocolate croissants (mmm) and much more. Everything was fresh and delicious! They only use butter in their recipes - no shortening. It must make a big difference - their treats were very good! The service was great - very friendly and informative. Their prices are great - not overpriced! We didn't try the ciabatta or Italian breads but they looked very good. Recommend a stop at this great bakery!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I am modifying my earlier review. I have been back many times since and have developed a greater appreciation for Picasso's. The pastries are not "polished: in the way they would be at a chain (e.g. Panera's) but rather display a hand-crafted hardiness. Also, the place sits nicely in the neighborhood with a cast of regulars drawn from Syracuse faculty and grad students. Also, again, Kubal coffee.