“Just average food”

Indian Tandoor Restaurant
Ranked #223 of 728 Restaurants in Syracuse
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Had ordered Daal and Rotis. Normally Daal is a safe bet but Daal ordered was bad. Rotis were very thick. Daal and Rotis was around $20. Avoidable place.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

It's best palace for lunch and dinner . Their food taste is completely homely. A good balance of spices and authenticity of true Indian food. Owner is very polite and gentle . For regular customers they have dish on demand option as well. I have had kadhi on special order . I love this place . Indian tandoor was my saviour in Syracuse .

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Syracuse has a great winter event called Downtown Dining Week where restaurants create a sampler menu and for a price, $15, $20, or $25, you can sample appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
We decided to go to Indian Tandoor as I have always wanted to go but could never find someone to go with me. It's a small place, about 6 tables, but warm and cozy and it smells fantastic. There is soft Indian music playing in the background, completing the vibe. The young man behind the counter was a delight and had us choose our table. He came right out with menus and water.
We got to choose from 5 different sections: appetizers, drink, naan, entree, and dessert, all for $20. We ordered different things and shared. We ordered samosas and Masala fries, ginger and garlic naan, coconut and mango Lassi, buttered chicken and chicken Tikka Masala, and unreal desserts...gulab jamun, a favorite, and rasmalai. The rose milk was a new flavor but sweet and gentle on the tongue.
The wait staff was attentive but not overbearing, our food came out at the right time, and water was refilled promptly.
There is on the street parking but also a lot behind the building or a garage down the street.
Everything was delicious and we will be going back.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

The place is clean, empty at dinner time, the service by a young man was very good.
The food was average, we have ordered the butter chicken which was very good, and the chicken Breany which was very average

Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went for lunch, but ordered off the full "dinner" menu. I ordered the Saag (Saag Paneer) and my wife had the Aloo Cabbage Mutar and we split an order of onion kulcha bread. Both dishes came with a plate of rice. They were cooked to order and were absolutely perfect!

If you're looking for ambience and decor, this is not the place. Dining area and restroom were clean and neat. We ordered at the take out counter, but were served at the table. Our waiter, a young man, was very courteous. Excellent overall.