“Love!!”

Namu Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #229 of 696 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

A must if you're visiting Syracuse or if you're local and love sushi. Conveyor Belt Sushi is probably one of the most fun dining experiences I have ever had!

Reviewed 14 June 2015

A couple of the best spring rolls (called "Summer Rolls") I've ever eaten. These are the rice-paper, non-fried rolls. Namu's contain shrimp, imitation crab, lettuce, and the rice paper is perfectly prepared--moist, not too sticky.

Pad Thai tasted fantastic. At first it was too hot (temperature) to taste. But after it cooled down a bit, and after the second lemon squeeze, the dish was nearly perfect.

Service was good, location is great.

Must admit, at first I was turned off by the mixture of Chinese, Japanese, and Thai dishes. My experience with the Asian mix-n-match menu isn't good. But Namu made it work well.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

My Partner and Myself decided to stop into Namu and it will not be the only time. We started with the Ika Smoked Squid Salad and Seaweed Salad. Both Fresh and Refreshing to the palate with the right textures and flavor balance. We then had the Tuna Tataki and it blew us away with the tenderness, flavor and PERFECT sear. It melted in your mouth like it was a fine Pate but BETTER. Ahi Tuna is Great, BUT the Tuna Tataki at Namu takes it up a whole notch beyond what I have ever experienced with this wonderfully prepared dish. The Entrees selected were Pad Prik Pao for my Partner that was prepared better than the best Thai Restaurants short of the one's in Thailand we have eaten in and I a Korean Stone Bowl dish with a accompaniment of a hot yet shy hot sauce that complimented the dish as a perfect marriage. THIS is a small place that SHOULD NOT be missed. Jimmy our server was Fantastic, Welcoming and very knowledgable of all the food. Everything is priced right also.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The taste and portions were not worth what I spent on it. I will not return because there are many other places in the area that are much better. Go to Erawan on Erie Blvd if you want great Thai food.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I have to admit we were planning on going to Empire Brewery but parked right in front of Namu and it's sister Japanese sushi bar. We went to Empire and could not bear to wait 45 minutes for a table as we were ravenous! We went to Namu. We were surprisingly delighted by the selection of Thai, Japanese, Korean and Chinese food. We started with Edamame beans and steamed gyoza. Then, we shared the Spicy Korean beef, the Katsu Chicken and Green Curry Chicken. An eclectic mix, we know, but it was really good and satisfied our hunger! I guess we did not expect this in Syracuse! Well done. The sushi looked good. Next time, we'll try some.