“Delicious”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 21 September 2014

After a wonderful lunch here earlier this year we returned for dinner after watching the football game at the Carrier Dome. We were even more impressed this time. Our nephew who grew up in Thailand craved some good Thai food and we were not disappointed. We ordered a Satay appetizer. The chicken was cooked perfectly and the peanut sauce was spiced just right. For our main courses we decided to eat family style. We ordered a delicious Yum Woon Sen a salad with glass noodles and shrimp. A fish dish Pla Gra Tiem Prig Thai, tilapia, I think, spiced just right with lots of garlic. We Wilson ordered a lovely green curry dish and an order of Pad Thai. We enjoyed the Satay so much that we placed a second order. The three of us managed to finish all of this. It was outstanding. Can't wait to go back

Reviewed 21 September 2014

Great location downtown, close to the university. The food was fantastic and this coming from one person from Thailand and two others who have been there at least a dozen times.
We started with chicken satay, then moved on to a variety of other dishes from a curry to fried fish to a noodle salad. None disappointed our taste buds. We also were to dine while enjoying a glass of wine and beer. I would highly recommend this spot for the quality of the food. it doesn't have the fine dining vibe but who cares when the food is so delicious.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We met our nephew who is considering transferring to Syracuse for a tour of SU campus and a bite to eat. He suggested Appethaizing. It took us a while to find it and as we descended the stairs I wasn't sure if we made the right choice. I was wrong. The place was jammed and we ended up sharing a table. The food we shared, a couple of curry dishes, Pad Thai and a Thai salad delicious and great value. Can't wait for him to transfer to SU for a good excuse to return to this hidden gem.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We met our SU student niece for lunch here just prior to the inauguration ceremonies for the new Chancellor. I had not eaten here before but had heard very positive reviews of the food. I was not disappointed. I had a dish with lots of vegetables plus shrimp. The "heat" was just right and the broth was fantastic. Lots of international students also eating there, which to me is a very positive sign. The food definitely makes this a terrific place to heat. The location and atmosphere are somewhat undesirable, but only minor. Try this place out if you are at SU.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

After eating at the AppeThaizing on the SU campus, our expecations were dashed. Dark, drab, food so-so, wait staff friendly but not attentive. Not on my return list.