“Love this local pizzeria, try the bruschetta pizza”
Review of Capri Pizza

Capri Pizza
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 December 2016

We order from here a few times a month and are never disappointed. The crisp pizza dough and sauces are excellent. We always get the bruschetta pizza, it's so good! Also like the the arugula pizza (if you're into that type of pizza). White pizza and plain old cheese pizza are also consistently delicious. Sometimes if we're not in the mood for pizza (rare), we go for the eggplant parmiggiana --- wow, it's awesome. Kids also love the baked ziti and penne alla vodka.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

I stay in Tarrytown often. After a long days work sometimes I am not in the mood to leave the hotel and grab a bite. I am so happy I found Capri! They have a extensive menu, you can order online and they deliver!!! Everything I have tried, pizza and the meals have been great.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

My family and I recently ate at the Capri Restaurant. The food is really excellent. Great pizza. They had an extensive menu. The service was very attentive too. You get a lot for the money. If you are ever in the Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow area try this restaurant out!

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Obviously a very popular place and was fairly busy but I'm at a loss to understand the attraction. Maybe it was the complete lack of service. Let me explain why I won't be returning.

First, not a single person greeted me while I stood waiting to be seated. There was no sign to seat myself but apparently I should have known that. Once seated I waited a long time for anyone to approach my table to take my order, although the busboy dropped off a basket of dense bread and a plate of unseasoned olive oil for dipping. For all of the people busily running around between the kitchen and behind the counter apparently there was only one person working the dining room and doing double duty behind the bar.

Second, there seemed to be a complete lack of organization or standards. The decor was an odd mix of caged walls and industrial pulleys suspended from the ceiling for an Italian restaurant. Some of the walls were under obvious construction (or deconstruction). Some tables were set while others remained bare. The busboy wiped down dirty tables but didn't bother to clean the chairs which were now covered with the table crumbs.

The salad arrived with huge chunks of carrot and an overly heavy mix of bitter greens. The house Italian was a very basic oil/vinegar blend, heavy on vinegar. When I finished the waiter removed both the salad plate and the plate with olive oil even though I still had bread. Guess I wasn't meant to finish it. The Fusilli Alla Boscaiola was served with Rotini either because they ran out of Fusilli or they don't know the difference. They used frozen peas which were dried out and a cheap prosciutto. Although the portion was decent it wasn't worth finishing or taking home.

And finally, I had to leave my table and find someone at the front register (apparently its no one's job to be at the cash register) and they had to find my bill. I would rate them lower but to be fair the waiter was doing the work of several people but seeing so many others running around its obvious how disorganized Capri's business is.

1  Thank Boomerang025
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We had just finished a very long day of travel and were looking for something close to our hotel that would be comfortable and easy. Capri definitely fit the bill and we picked it by Tripadvisor reviews.

This storefront restaurant was bustling but not full on a rainy Thursday evening. Service was friendly and prompt. Tables were very close together; a bit crammed and the atmosphere was very casual. Portions were very generous and tasty - although not exceptional.