“Romantic little spot with excellent food!”
Review of Bistro 12

Bistro 12
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Price range: US$11 - US$42
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Meet the Business Owner: Miguel- Manuel - Established in 2013 Madeira, a beautiful Portuguese island and inspiration for the atmosphere of the newly opened Bistro 12 in Tarrytown. Life-long friends who have, at long last, created their dream restaurant. Jose Manuel Goncalves Pereira and Luis Miguel Rodrigues have known each other since the age of 17, so it's hardly surprising that Bistro 12 evokes the landscape of their youth. Fans of Caravela will recognize Manuel, nicknamed "MADEIRA" from his 24-year stint there. MIGUEL years at Polpo, the popular upscale Italian restaurant in Greenwich,Connecticut They have created their own unique bistro establishment, given this amiable team the knowledge and skills to provide a warm, welcoming and gracious atmosphere dedicated to providing a genial dining experience for their customers. Miguel Rodrigues' artwork is the product of a life-long passion. You will see memories of his country come alive - the markets, families, city and country scenes he loves. Enjoying a variety of painting styles, he has produced over 1500 works of art in his Yonkers studio, and has chosen the most evocative paintings with which to decorate the walls of his newest venture.
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Went here with my boyfriend last night and I would highly recommend it! We got two appetizers - calamari and burrata, I got the seafood risotto and he got the chicken francaise and everything was delicious, even the bread. I'm not even a huge seafood person but this seafood risotto was amazing. All of the staff were super attentive. There's not that many tables so I would HIGHLY suggest making a reservation - There were several people standing outside in the freezing cold waiting for a table. After dinner I felt that there was a sense that they were waiting for us to leave but it's understandable, as I said, there were several people outside waiting for a table.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Eggplant rollatini and calamari appetizers were ordinary. Branzino and salmon were vapid. Unimaginative menu. At those prices, I expected much more. Youngest server very good. The two older guys not so much.

3  Thank CWnut
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Huge fans of the service, amazing fresh high quality food and entire atmosphere of old European attention to detail and commitment to quality. Our favorites are grilled Octopus salad and tiramisu.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Had dinner there before going to Tarrytown Music Hall. Super convenient as it is right across the street. I would recommend a reservation. Great menu at reasonable prices. Great Service as well.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This restaurant took reservations on a very busy night which was one of the reason I chose it. t a tome when you could not even get a parking space in town, me and my party of four we delighted to be able to have dinner without a wait. All of the entrees listed on the menu had and interesting twist. We all had different salads and appetizers. The salad portions were very generous. Also we all had different entrees and deserts. Everything was visually attractive when presented and delicious. The one item I did not care for were the fresh mixed vegetables which did not have much flavor and a little bit undone. We loved everything else. Dispite the extremely busy night we were not a bit rushed. That says a lot. If you are looking for a restaurant that is a cut above most in the area, this is the one.