“Great sushi & other Japanese dishes at a very reasonable price”

Osaka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Tivoli
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Small, lovely family run restaurant. I absolutely love their sushi, dumplings and tempura. My uncle had their ginger beef and also enjoyed! Lovely Japanese decor, a 'nice' restaurant but you don't need to dress up. Clientele includes students, families, older folks and tourists from NYC and beyond.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Extensive authentic Japanese menu. Lovely place, nice service. Excellent quality ingrediants (which is tough in the Hudson Valley). Very pleased with our dinner.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We were in Tivoli on a weekday at lunch and none of the restaurants were open - except Osaka. "I guess we're eating Japanese!" I remarked to my daughter. It was very satisfying. The soup was hot and tasty and the vegetable sushi things were delicious. A cute little eatery and fantastic service. It got quite crowded before we left.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

A good, reliable place if you feel like having some Japanese food. Despite being the only sushi / Japanese restaurant in a close vicinity, this place offers decent sushi and traditional Japanese fare. The menu size is slightly over average. They do serve beer and wine. This place is quite popular.
Service is good, nice people. The only thing is they hurry the payment a bit by bringing the check while you are still eating.
Fairly inexpensive compared to similar restaurants.
Ask about today's chef's choices!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

When I was in college at Bard, Osaka was the nearest sushi in Rhinebeck. We went there all the time, and it is still the best sushi, close to my heart! Such a pleasant surprise that there is now an additional Osaka restaurant in Tivoli, and it is just as good. My family went there last week and we loved it. The restaurant is also so cute and cozy. Recommended!