“Food allergies? Don't bother!”
Review of Country View Diner

Country View Diner
Ranked #64 of 219 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Stopped for lunch with son who is very allergic to all seafood. He let the waitress know, and she smirked and wondered out loud what he would be able to eat. He stress that his food cannot touch fish or shellfish. To her credit, she did go ask the cook, but he told her he had "already fried fish in the oil that day" and my son was out of luck for ANYTHING fried. Wow, so any french fries cooked after 11:00 am are cooked in the same oil as the fish??!!? Ewwww.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

If you are a tea drinker plan on paying for a refill. We stopped for breakfast this morning. The waitress came by asked if we wanted a refill on coffee, I asked for another tea, she asked if I wanted just hot water. I asked for a tea bag. Our bill came and I was charged for two teas. When I asked why Her answer was there is no refills on tea. Tea is cheaper than coffee, you can have as many refills on coffee, but have to pay for tea. THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I visit this place often with my 91 year old grandma! I remember when this establishment was even built about 30 years ago. This place has been a Staple for Brunswick due to there amazingly huge variety of food and generous amounts that they serve. We always leave with leftovers ~ out right my gram and my favorite place to get together!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Large variety on the menu, whether you just want a sandwich or a prime rib dinner. Delicious salads, great breakfast foods, and everything in between. Have been to this diner dozens of times (had the first date with my husband there) and never had a meal that wasn’t delicious. The owner and staff are extremely welcoming and accommodating. Prices ar very reasonable as well. I highly recommend this wonderful diner!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Needed a quick stop and we wish we hadn't.
The service was slow and the waitress downright worthless.
The cheese stick appetizer was about the best thing. They were frozen and refried making them greasy. The sauce was tinny, straight out a can and they come on a pile of chopped iceberg which had more flavor than the whole meal.
Ordered the fish sandwich and received an over-cooked, tough piece of fish on a plate with a bun tossed on it. Sent it back for the Caesar salad and I couldn't eat it! the dressing was almost pure vinegar!

Been to Country View Diner? Share your experiences!