“Big disappointment”
Review of The Tap House

The Tap House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tap House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Tuckahoe
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located in Tuckahoe, NY, The Tap House is an inviting gastro-pub with a warm interior, cozy tables and a great classic-design bar.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Made a reservation there for the birthday of a close friend, but when we arrived on time, we were told we would have to wait. We then waited 40 minutes -- being told every 10 minutes or so that "it will just be a few minutes" -- and we finally gave up. It has a good reputation, but we will not be back.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Had a nice dinner with friends. Food was good. Service was great. Awesome selection of beers. Would recommend.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We hadn't been here in a long long time. Not sure why but we hadn't. It's a pretty good pub - above average but not the end of the world.

We had a 6:45 reservation which was honored upon entry. You enter the Tap House through the bar and we requested a table upstairs to get away from the tumult. (The bar rocks.)

They offer a grilled Caesar - the Romaine lettuce is actually grilled. We opted for the plain one - it's large enough for two and we split it which is actually a good size as a starter.

My wife ordered the Chicken Milanese which is her go to dinner when it's on the menu. And she liked it. The portion is large enough to take some home for a very pleasant lunch the next day. I had the steak sandwich which is very different from most pub steak sandwiches - no onions, no garlic bread - and I thought it was pretty darned good. It was cooked the way I ordered it - just to the left of medium rare. It has mushrooms and bleu cheese and is topped with a thick slice of bacon.

There are about 20 or more beers on tap and scads more in the bottle so enjoy.

One complaint. After 3 of us finished our salads the busboy appeared and began to clear the salad and bread dishes away even though one of our number was still eating hers. To my mind, very improper and what made it worse, he cleared away the silverware and when asked about it, he grabbed up a fork and a knife from the soiled plates and began to put it back on the table. NO NO NO NO !!!!! Unfortunately, it took 2 requests to get the place setting replaced.

The Tap House is a little more expensive than the average pub by about 3 bucks per item. No big deal. The noise level is a little high but that's because of the bar which was crowded and jumping.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We held my daughter's baby shower in the back room. We were so happy with everything! The owners were easy to work with and were very understanding, they allowed us to come in early to set up. The food was tasty and delicious, the servers were so helpful and pleasant, couldn't do enough for us! We had about 40 women and were comfortable in the room. A great time was had by everyone! I would not hesitate to have another party at the TapHouse.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Recently had dinner here with my daughter. Not only was the food delivered without delay, but when I accidentally knocked over a glass of wine, they not only replaced the wine with a new glass but made no fuss about the cleanup. I have eaten here many times with my family and or friends and can tell you that the food, extensive quality beer and wine selection, and courteous staff is outstanding!!