“Casual Comfortable”

Dottie Audrey's Bakery/Kitchen
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Very glad I found this place. We will be returning for Breakfast and lunch.
The clam chowder really is award winning.

1  Thank WanderingSquarehead

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This morning was my second visit to Dottie Audrey’s Bakery Kitchen. Arriving at 10am on a Sunday, I was pleasantly surprised to find tables available inside but it was probably because plenty of outside tables were filled on an unseasonably warm October morning. We grabbed a pew (literally) and I went back up to order at the counter. The line moves quickly here because this place is like a well-oiled machine. Management is doing something right here.

My father ordered French toast and I ordered blueberry buttermilk pancakes. Both came with caramel butter, maple syrup and Irish bacon. Truthfully I would ha e preferred crispy bacon to this pinker, meatier bacon but I didn’t need it so just pushed it aside. The 3 large pancakes were incredible; fluffy, soft, buttery and so flavourful that I didn’t even bother with syrup after the first bite. The French toast was unusually dense and I’m not sure what kind of bread was used, but my Dad enjoyed it.

This place is a good 30 minutes drive for us but one I’m more than happy to do. It’s bright and comfortable, friendly, relaxed and delicious. The bakery counter has everything from pecan sticky buns to scones, muffins and pain au chocolate. They all look amazing. You order everything up there, including hot cooked meals for table service, but food is brought to you by cheerful staff and coffees are refilled. I’ve only had breakfast here so far, but am aiming for some of the fantastic sounding salads and sandwiches next time.

2  Thank LMarshUK
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We were touring one of our centers of worship when a friend recommended that we go to this place afterward ..it was a rainy day and when we walked in you could sense the friendly family atmosphere inside of the case was lots of attractive home-baked sweets Yum Yum ..we knew right away we would try the New York style cheesecake
Unfortunately they ran out and we tried the chocolate mousse cake instead ..it was delicious they give you huge slices ...
Well for lunch i had the barley mushroom soup that was very very good ..I had it along with a crabcake sandwich which came atop a bed of spring mix salad topped with olive oil dressing ...
the crabcake sandwich was just 'OK 'for me but I truly enjoyed the soup and boy did my husband enjoy the shrimp Po boy it was an open faced sandwich that seemed as though it took up half of the table ..So Big !he thoroughly enjoyed the huge tiger shrimp that came along with it and Roumalade sauce Yum Yum!
I would definitely recommend this place if you are in the area you will enjoy the sumptuous treats ..good cafe style fare ..friendly staff and family atmosphere!

2  Thank pioneertravler
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We went here on the recommendation of a friend. What a perfect place for great food. The pastries are fresh and varied. The bread was crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. Something for everyone in the family, from 4 to 54! French toast, pancakes, omelettes! The coffee was not my favourite, but it was freshly brewed.
Try the Quiche and the Cinnamon Brioche!

FYI- grab a table before you get in line, especially if you are in a big group.

Servers are efficient and professional, but not super friendly. Probably because they are so busy.

1  Thank jess R
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I was visiting my friend. She mentioned a new place opened that's always busy. She wanted to checl it out. I'm so happy we stopped. Its two restaurant combined. On one side you can order Hoagies and more . On the other side soup sanwiches and more. Everyone was very helpful.

1  Thank Trish L