“Exceptional food in a fun setting”

Dottie Audrey's Bakery/Kitchen
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went with our family for sandwiches, salads and their amazing Mac & Cheese with Bacon!. Excellent service. Cookies taken home!

1  Thank JimFHouston

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been here three times now over the course of just a few weeks and look forward to returning! If you look at their website you'll be delighted to know that the name of the place is in honor of two of the owner's family members, Dottie and Audrey. In fact, during our first visit here we met the owner and she pointed out a couple of baked goods that she makes from her old family recipes (love the not-too-sweet Garibaldi)!

This place is located in a cute little strip mall, the Duck Cedar Plaza (tip: if you're a pet lover there is a great little pet supply store a few doors away in the same strip mall). The way it works at this restaurant is you order at the counter (while oggling the lovely baked goods in the sparkling clean pastry case), pay at the counter, and then receive a quirky little table sign you take to a table and wait for servers to find you. My understanding is the signs are all about local locations.

One of the very few things I don't like about this arrangement is that while they accept credit cards for your order, you cannot add a gratuity onto your bill on your credit card. We asked the owner about this and she said it had to do with not wanting to give responsibility to a staff member to collect tip money at the end of the day, but we've been to hundreds of restaurants and rarely, if ever, have encountered this scenario. So we always leave cash on the table here. I do wish they'd figure out a way to let us put tips on our credit card as I always have a moment of panic about whether I actually have cash in my wallet.

Pretty much all of the young staff here are friendly, enthusiastic and very responsive to requests. In fact, as we usually order our meal and then dessert separately, on our first visit here they were too fast clearing our table of our waters and utensils and when we got back from ordering dessert two minutes later it was as if we hadn't even sat at our table! A cleaning SWAT team. Even if there is a line to order and the place is busy, we have found that the staff manages to be quick about taking care of the dining room.

The dining room has a country table feel to it, and when there are a lot of customers it can feel a bit packed in, but the vibe is relaxed so it doesn't feel stressful. One of my only other "complaints" is that there is a second door and a few tables are right by that door so when it's chilly outside I found it uncomfortable to sit there. Not really sure what can be done about that.

The food and the coffee and beverages are the stars here for sure. By far our favorite thing (both me and my hubby) is the sausage gravy and eggs on a baguette. Thankfully it's on the menu that you can get even after breakfast time. It's perfectly balanced and seasoned white sausage gravy on a semolina baguette, and the baguette is tender enough so that you can eat the gravy, eggs, greens with a knife and fork with no problem. There are freshly made, real, clean beverages like lemonade with mint. Their coffee is terrific (I think they use Toby's Estate but not positive) -- you can get cold brew iced coffee, steamed espresso drinks, and just straight brewed coffee.

I think pretty much everything here is delicious. The only item I wasn't crazy about was their version of shrimp and grits. I prefer the South Carolina style and this one really was like having a fresh salsa on top of the shrimp and grits so instead of an earthy creamy experience it felt like an incongruous salad overwhelmed the actual shrimp and grits. Personal preference.

Nevertheless, this is a craveable place for me. I really worry that the dining room won't hold all of its fans.

The owner also has a hoagie place right next door (which you can get to from Dottie Audrey's), fyi, but we haven't been there . . . yet.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recommended by some people. I had chicken snitzel baguette & almond milk hot chocolate. Very nice & good service evening though they forgot my wife order.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This place was very good! We visited the new world headquarters of Jehovah Witnesses and we were all starving after. We found ‘notty Audrey’s’ as my grandson kept calling it. It was crowded. But our food came FAST, it was piping hot! It very generous portion, and deeeelicious! I thought considering the busy time, i was very impressed with the promptness, the quality, and the pleasantness of everyone. THANK YOU, (notty) Dotti Audreys. You will be highly recommended. And as many more come visit the new World Headquarters, your wonderful restaurant will grow .

3  Thank bigshark1207
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Very glad I found this place. We will be returning for Breakfast and lunch.
The clam chowder really is award winning.

1  Thank WanderingSquarehead