“Beautiful Casino”

The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Located in Verona, New York, just east of Syracuse, this large casino offers several accommodation venues from which to choose. We stayed in the "Hotel" and check-in was quick (we checked-in at about 4pm) The room had two double beds that included a safe, large screen TV, coffee maker, and fast Wi-Fi access. No refrigerator. The room and bathroom were very clean. The grounds of this casino are well-groomed and beautiful and well worth a walk. The nearby "Lodge" is extremely beautify with well-manicured grounds and worth a look. Our room in the Hotel overlooked the roof so the view was not-so-much, but very quiet. The casino offers all types of games and a large variety of slot machines. Smoking is allowed throughout the casino and at times was noticeable (being a non-smoker). A large selection of restaurants are available within the casino. A convenient, small food court (Corner Market) offered pizza, burgers, sandwiches, ice cream, etc. We ate dinner at the Season's Harvest Buffet ($17.95) that is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is a station-styled buffet with a large selection of food options. The food was very tasty and constantly made fresh. The wait staff was very friendly, and were attentive to drinks and clearing off tables. We had breakfast the next morning at the Emerald Restaurant (open 24-hours) which was convenient because we were leaving early. The food was very good, quickly prepared, and reasonably priced for the portions. Also located on the grounds is a large 800-seat showroom that hosts numerous headliner acts, but nothing was scheduled during our stay. I was impressed with the staff throughout the casino, asking about how they may serve us. This is a large casino, and exquisitely decorated. A pool and Jacuzzi are located conveniently near the elevators. Casino great, food great, grounds great, staff great, second-had-smoke not-so-great.

Emerald Restaurant Season's Harvest Buffet

Room Tip: Make sure room is a "smoking" or "non-smoking" depending on preferences
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Very much enjoyed our stay in the hotel. There were a couple downsides. Ironically we're not big gamblers, we just happened to have a free night stay. There's not much to do there if you don't gamble. The gym is $15 per visit, which includes the lap pool and jacuzzi. The accommodations are awesome though. We didn't much like the smoke smell throughout the place either. I suppose if you like to gamble and like the nightlife, it's a perfect place to stay!

Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 17 July 2015

I recently attended a business conference at Turning Stone and felt their hospitality could have been much better. I arrived around 11:30 AM and when I went to check in, I was told to return at 1:00 PM. I happened by the lobby at 12:40 only to discover that they were now checking people into their rooms so I got into a very long line and waited to check in. When I finally got to the front of the line I was informed that my room was clean, but not yet inspected and I would have to come back a third time to get my key! In the meantime, I couldn't help but notice that many of my conference attendee colleagues were being given room keys. This was quite aggravating and when I questioned the hotel clerk I was reminded that technically we weren't supposed to be able to check in until 3 PM and they were doing us a "favor" by letting us check in at 1PM. I simply do not understand why in the world hotel management can not predict these peak times and put more staff on duty to check people in and/or clean/inspect the rooms. I then returned 2 hours later to get my room key. Imagine how special I felt when I finally got to my room and looked out the window upon the glorious view (see photo)!

Stayed: July 2015
2  Thank LJR1954
Reviewed 3 July 2015

The hotel was good except for the fact people are allowed to smoke almost all over the property. We knew this prior to staying but due to the fact the show we were seeing was at the event center on property we stayed even with all the smoke. It was really bad... Clothes and eyes paid the price! Poor due to the smoke.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Great place to see a show, gamble as long as you like and eat delectable dishes. Plenty of restaurants to please your pocketbook and palate. Action aplenty in the casino and entertainment to satisfy everyone's taste. The hotel rooms are comfortable and clean with free wifi and in-room coffee pots. Flat screen tvs and inviting bedding. Be prepared to walk a lot as the hotel and casino floors are quite large. Also, they do not allow alcohol in coolers in your hotel room. And, I did not find the reception desk personnel to be very welcoming. There is also free parking in the adjoining ramp.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the elevator or be prepared to walk a lot.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
0.9 km away
21.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
17.8 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Rome

Been to The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!