Free cancellation until 27/07
US$48
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$62
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrace trackturning stonelove seatpillow top mattresscoffee potrooms overlookingpool roomthe complimentary continental breakfastcasino floorcasino resortmini fridgeminute drivesitting areabit datedking bedsinktubs
Reviewed 19 July 2016

The casino was fun and food was adequate but the hotel rooms had very dated decor and old beat up furniture and the rooms were dirty. Dust and toenails...yes folks had the toenails of previous guests in our room. The bed was old and uncomfortable and the pillows were about the size of a piece of paper. I'm surprised there wasn't a slot for the mattress to vibrate...Gross! I gave it a 2 rating because of the casino

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2016

"And they are making their way around the bend, number 6 is in the lead...but..wait folks....number 5 takes the lead....and, wow what a finish!"

That is the rating out of 10 I would give my first experience here at Vernon Downs. As you can tell, I did enjoy the horse racing and to be fair, the service from all staff members was always friendly and with a genuine smile. I think that is the saving grace of this hotel. My immediate disappointment would have to be in the food which was either super oily, or a hard flap jack. I am giving this place a 3 out of 5 because I want to believe they are capable of stepping it up and, like I said, finding genuinely happy and warm service from staff in any establishment can be a task in it self. I'm hoping my next stay will give me a reason to raise my overall rating. until then....I'm keeping my bets low.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The 2 times my husband and I stayed at this hotel we found it adequate. Upon our 3rd stay we decided to upgrade to the Honeymoon Suite with Jacuzzi, as it was our anniversary. We were very excited to watch the horses from our room. The first 2 times we stayed they weren't running, but the track view was nice anyway. We checked in this time only to find our room in distress. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month or so. Also, the track view room I booked was a view of the parking lot. When I called the front desk I was told the room I wanted was booked......Ummm how? I reserved it! We moved on with our night anyway. Around 10pm, I decided to enjoy the Jacuzzi (which I had to clean before entering) about 10 minutes after getting in, there was a knock on the door. My husband answered it. It was a man (credentials on) that proceeded to try and get by my husband and go into our bathroom to retrieve a towel. Which my husband stopped him and asked what he was doing in our room! He said the tub was leaking. He then tried to get passed my husband AGAIN to look at the tub. I WAS IN IT!! My husband told him to get out. Scared the heck out of us. I was disgusted at this point. We left. Happy Anniversary to us right?

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Very disappointing. Hotel was old and somewhat shabby with lumpy beds and antiquated fixtures. Tub was so small, my husband could barely fit in it to take a shower. The bathroom sink was so small, it looked like it should have been in a camper rather than a hotel room. Buffet breakfast was lousy and it wasn't free either. Overall, with the reputation of the racetrack, the hotel was a real let-down. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Go to the track for the horse racing, but be sure to stay someplace else.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosetta C
Reviewed 5 June 2016

PLUS: great hotel for its completely non-smoking status and friendly check-in staff. Fairly good beds. Microwave and refrigerator are a fantastic plus!! Good, and FREE, internet.

MINUS: The couches in rooms need to be replaced --BADLY and immediately. As do the chairs that go with the small table. Last time I sat on one, it was as if there was no chair pad at all -- could feel the wood support slats!!!

Room Tip: If you like Jacuzzi tubs, ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Simon S, Manager at Vernon Downs Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response and I’m pleased you had a good time visiting us. We have been looking to replace our furniture as we continue to expand our property. Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to you visiting us again.