Vernon Downs Casino and Hotel
US$174
Hotels.com
US$93
US$129
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona(Verona)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$76
US$70
US$60
Orbitz.com
US$62
Hotwire.com
US$56
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrace trackturning stonecoffee potlove seatpillow top mattressrooms overlookingpool roomthe complimentary continental breakfastcasino resortmini fridgeminute drivesitting areabit datedking bedsinktubsupgrades
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I won a free 2-night stay at the hotel (jacuzzi suite). When I called to make the reservation, the gentleman told me they did not have any rooms overlooking the horse track. But when we arrived, Simon at the front desk told us that we would be on the 5th floor, in a suite overlooking the track. That was awesome! We were in room 518. The room was clean, but outdated. The dark green carpet and maroon colored curtains could use a serious update. Our room had a little kitchenette (counter, small sink, and small fridge and microwave). Other reviewers commented on the old coffee pot, but ours was brand new (I'm sure of this, because I found the old one stashed away in one of the cupboards). We also had a long table, love seat, and tv in the main room... then the bedroom and bathroom off that room. Our room was very spacious, to say the least. The bed was super comfy. It was great watching the horses run the track (practicing) on Saturday morning. Hotel staff were very friendly. Loved being able to go to the track, then the casino, and walk into the elevator at the end of the night. It is a one-stop experience.
Ate at Mr. G's two nights in a row- pub fare and it was very good (try the turkey club and the Philly cheesesteak with cheddar). The quesadilla and taco salad were also good.

Drove to Rome (15 minute drive), beautiful rolling hill countryside.

We wanted to go to the hotel's pool, but never made it. We chatted with a hotel guest in the elevator (who had swam in the pool) and she said "it was awesome".

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Simon S, Manager at Vernon Downs Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I'm pleased that I was able to get you your suite that evening as we were sold out of Jacuzzi suites when you booked your reservation. I'm looking forward to you visiting us again and I recommend staying with us during racing season as that provides more things to do while staying with us. Again thank you.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here one night. Got a free nights stay through the casino. The room was a nice size and had a sitting area also. Room was clean and the bed was comfy. Had a frig and microwave. Breakfast was nothing special. I will return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I'm pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and I will review your comments with the executive housekeeper regarding the room. We are looking forward to you visiting us in the future and again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel seems to be very popular for all kinds of events including gambling and horse racing. But, even with all that going on it seems to be a nice quiet farm county inn. We attended a party while staying there and the staff were so very helpful. The one thing I would chanes is that, whike we had a king sized bed, the pillows were very small. Need larger sized pillows on the bed please.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Simon S, Manager at Vernon Downs Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and I'm very pleased that your experience met your expectation. We do work very hard to have all of our guests have a wonderful stay. I will look into the pillows size to see if we can make a change and on any other visit please make sure we will provide additional pillows for you due to the size.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

When I am unable to get a room at Turning Stone I go to Vernon Downs. It is only 5 miles away from Turning Stone so it's easy to run back and forth. The Racino and racetrack are like a low class Saratoga Harness. The Hotel is kind of rundown and the Racino and Racetrack need serious upgrades. The rooms are clean and come with a Fridge and Microwave which is nice. It's a short drive to Turning Stone. However the Hotel needs a serious upgrade. The furniture dates back to the 90s and the bathrooms are the same. If I can't get a Comp room at Turning Stone I'll stay here but it's not my first choice. The Racino has terrible comps compared to a Turning Stone who give some of the best. I go to TS,AC,Foxwoods and Vernon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments and we are continuing to upgrade the hotel and I have reviewed the comp issue with our gaming department manager since the hotel doesn't issue comps for gaming. I have also shared your comments with our racing department as we all look to improve our guest service standards in all departments. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This is an average hotel connected to a casino. It is clean but has mediocre food choices. We did enjoy watching the horses on the track. We were elsewhere when they actually raced. We also were able to watch a wedding on the terrace from our room.

Room Tip: There is a racetrack that our room faced so we could watch the horses doing their practice.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and I have reviewed your comments with our food & beverage manager. We do recommend track side rooms as the view of the track especially during racing is the way to go. Thank you and looking forward to future stays with us.