“Osteria Salina Moves to East Hampton, on Georgica Pond”
Review of Osteria Salina

Osteria Salina
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Wainscott
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Think Sicilian ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, currants, pine nuts, fava beans, couscous, and candied oranges. Authentic Sicilian and family recipes
Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

A much nicer Location with a Newly decorated Restaurant Atmospere
The New Space Allows for More Guests and provides a Less Crowded feeling
The Menue is Very Similiar to its Previous Menue , when located in Bridgehampton, and may allow for more Special Dishes in the Future
Let's Note that they just made this Move, and will continuously get more Comfortable in the New Surroundings.
Reservations are a Must, especially as to the greater Number of People from East Hampton, sagaponek, Wainscott, and Bridgehampton who will Frequent this New Location for Oseteria Salina

Food and Service will always be great, regardless of the Location.

2  Thank Shrothman

Reviewed 24 May 2015

This evening I went to Osteria Salina in its new 2015 location in Wainscott and had a most distressing experience. We ordered our drinks and our first course came rather quickly. The salads were ok, although the promised Gorganzola in one of them was nothing more than a poor salty blue. I will say the octopus was tender except for the undercooked potatoes. We were half way through our first course when our entrees arrived. We complained to the owner and he could has not been more disinterested... Judging from the food I can say he was not too interested in that either. The tiny portion of flounder was so salty, it was a inedible, the mussels were lukewarm and its shells cold, and the steak a very mediocre cut. The pasta dish of broccoli rabe and sausage was fair. The worst part was being pressured to leave, eager to turn the table as quickly as possible. I must say we were quite happy to leave this poor excuse for a good restaurant... Nothing more than an overpriced Hamptons rip off. I resented every minute of it and feel it's my responsibility to warn people... It's incredibly noisy as well... Don't go.
Review from a Hamptons foodie

2  Thank V K
Reviewed 23 May 2015

The restaurant has moved to Wainscott and we were excited about having a wonderful restaurant on our corner. This, Memorial Day Weekend, was their first or 2nd night open in the new location.
Parties of 6 or more beware! We arrived for our 7:30 reservation to find our friends were already seated. This was encouraging. As we walked in we saw Tim the principal owner, who after many previous visits to his Bridgehampton restaurant didn't acknowlegde us. Okay, not a big deal. However, we waited 15 to 20 minutes for the waiter to take our drink order. We waited another half hour of more for the drinks to arrive. During that time one of my friends asked Tim where our drinks were. He seemed surprised that we hadn't yet received them and it took another 10 minutes for them to arrive. We waited another 10 or 15 minutes to order our food. Our appetizers came in a timely fashion about 15 minutes later and the Meatballs were very good. We then waited arrpoximately 1 hour for our main courses! Afterwards we ordered coffee and after another 15 to 20 minutes we told the waiter to just bring the check if the coffee wasn't ready, which he did. All is All it took 3 hours to eat mediocre food.
Four of us had the Swordfish, which came in various thickness's, some maybe 1/2 inch to maybe 1 inch. All were very overcooked, even though we asked for them less cooked and moist in the middle. We had 1 chicken & 1 pasta which were okay. The problem was that smaller tables around us, who arrived 45 minutes or more after us, were served way before we were. One party who waited outside for 45 minutes and sat down next to us 45 minutes later were offered a bottle of wine. We were not looking for anything free, but it would have been nice if Tim or his partners/managers would have stopped by our table to inquire how things were going. They certainly made the rounds to all the tables around us, but avoided us all night. They must have known there was a problem and didn't want to address it.
To Top off the evening, I decided to tell Tim what our issues were in hopes that they could be addressed and dealt with in the near future. Instead of thanking me for being honest and saying he'd check into it so it ddin't happen again, he started screaming at me at the top of his voice, telling me I was a B---- and to get out of his restaurant and never come back. Then he followed me outside and told my husband what a B---- I was etc. Then one of our friends made the mistake of saying that for such bad service he should have offered us something. He continued screaming, calling my friend a schnourer and telling him he'd give him back all his money. Tim was definitely out of control. I understand he just reopened, but what is happening to restaurant owners in the Hamptons. It appears that the clients should be grateful that we're allowed to dine in their establishments. What about the owners being grateful that they have clients who want to support them and treating them with respect?

5  Thank Terri K
Reviewed 14 September 2014

Our friends and we went to Osteria Salina in August for the first time. The restaurant is very pretty and was very busy, giving the atmosphere a fun vibe.The waitress was pleasant and accommodating. Our food was excellent starting with the bread. we enjoyed the bread so much that I asked what bakery supplied it. Unfortunately nobody seemed to know.
I started with the charred octopus which was excellent. My main course was the orechiette with broccoli rabe and sausage and my wife had the bucatini with sardines. Both were quite good.
I will definitely be back.

1  Thank Howard C
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Quite noisy, our side of the table couldn't hear the waiter, service was uneven. Plus side: really spicy olive oil and good bread, good octopus appetizer ($19), perfectly cooked generous veal chop ($42). So-so: Fritto Misto ($16) i.e. overly breaded calamari and zucchini (we asked that they leave the shrimp out), more pieces of deep-fried lemon than zucchini, arrabbiata sauce was nothing special. We've had better at a take-out. Overly sauced average Linguini Pescatore ($32) and too salty Orechieti with broccoli rage and sausage ($26). Downsides: too much salt on many dishes, notably the complimentary slices of cucumbers, Overcooked (after requesting "on the rare side") swordfish over tasty chunky caponata ($36). Coffee came 15 minutes after the dessert and was lukewarm (corrected promptly), We're local and have much better choices. Not good price to value.