“*** CHECK YOUR CHICKEN !!! ***”

Heritage Food and Drink
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Description: Our space is local, spreading from the inside out; we're organic in our approach and our delivery. We are cooking food that is meaningful to us, without boundaries and we are careful not to label ourselves. The menu features a mix of classics and new dishes, and is inspired by different types of cuisine, the seasons and our purveyors. If a product is local and in peak season, we are all over it. We're crushing wood fired meats, house made charcuterie, crazy good cocktails, local craft beer and creamy espresso. Our whiskey list is broad enough for you to come by and enjoy a glass with us every night or, you can be a baller and order something you can't get anywhere else in the area.
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I brought my boyfriend for dinner on Nov 11th. Out over all experience was above average. This is definitely not a Friday's or chillis. The restaurant was very nice, modern design, really cool glass wall looking inside of the kitchen.
When we first go to our table the manager greeted us. She was probably the most active front of the house manager I have seen in a while. We ordered our food came out over lapping a bit with our appetizer a little but that's okay, we understood this wasn't a true fine dinning restaurant.
So on to the entrees. So I got this checken sandwich it was good, very tasteful. My boyfriend got the checken and biskets.
( the guy next to us had very undercooked checken and had to be sent back)
So when we got our meals of coursed we looked. Mine was cooked. My boyfriends was VERY VERY undercooked. It was raw in pink in the middle. We told our server, the manager came over quickly. She was extremely apologetic and she got him a replacement with in the next few minutes. So of course we were going to look make sure this was cooked. And it was worse then the first one very pink. So we tell the manger she again apologized and told my boyfriend that he can have what ever he wanted on the menu, on the house. So he picked the salmon. He said that it was a good choice and he was happy with the plate change.
Our over all experience was very good staff was very focused. The management team did the correct thing. We were very patient and satisfied with there decisions they made.
So after we were leaving I guess the general manager stopped us and apologized. (here comes ever excuse in the book) he told agreed that the batch of chicken was under cooked and that they had to recook the chicken. We appreciated his effort my boyfriend goes to the culinary in Hydepark and as he always learned there is never an excuse for undercooked food.
We will definitely go back. We had an over all good experience , and we enjoyed the staff but we will always have to double check the chicken.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The two of us visited during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week and selected from that very limited menu. All our selections were excellent. Chicken wings, crispy tempura broccoli, fire roasted chicken, grilled salmon, pumpkin tres leches, and s'smores creme brulee were all very fresh, cooked to perfection, creatively put together, and beautifully presented. Service was exceptionally good. This was our first time there and we will definitely be going back to try things off their regular (but interesting) menu. Note that Wednesday is "wine night" with bottles half price.

Ed K, General Manager at Heritage Food and Drink, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for joining us for Restaurant week. We will be extending the $32.95 menu through the end of the year! Hope to see you again soon and thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

It is arguable that, aside from the splendid Formosa in Arlington, the best Asian food it Dutchess County now comes from what started as an American regional, locally sourced restaurant with Southern roots in the tradition of Sean Brock via his acolyte Shawn Burnette, recently returned to his Brooklyn BBQ precincts. Under the sway of the new co-executive (count 'em: two) chefs, FattyCue alums Max Renny and hometowner Frank Camey, the restaurant serves up among its sixteens apps not just boutique deviled eggs, “Cheesesteak” Pie, or mussels but also a General Tso’s Cauliflower (!) to die for, equally Crispy Tempura Broccoli, and a deconstructed spicy tuna roll under the rubric of Spicy Tuna Crispy (see a theme here?) Rice. Among entrees—which still include the sublime and correct Burnette rendition of fried chicken and biscuits— there is now a Wood Fired Salmon with root veg purees, Spanish sofrito, and shaved fennel, but also Miso Glazed Black Cod as good as in the heyday of Nobu and "Grandma's ‘Wonton Soup’",” which is what happens when your Bubbe grew up near Beijing. Did I say that the cocktails are crafted with Brooklyn flair and the drinks range from the local Hillrock bourbon in every way the equal of artisanal KY single barrel bourbons, to local Kolsche beer and Hudson Valley cider, not to mention a wine list that rivals many in NYC, which among whites includes a smart Arneis, among reds Red Tail Ridge's rare and rarified Teroldego, and among rosé's a sophisticated Grenache-Cinsault Provence from La Croix Du Prieur. And, yes, there's dessert. Good dessert.

1  Thank Mikill
Ed K, General Manager at Heritage Food and Drink, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thanks for the feedback Mikill. Seems like we hit it on the head during your visit and we delivered. There has been a lot of change and experimentation going on since our opening and we have been closely monitoring and adjusting to our guest feedback while trying to stay true to what it is we want to do. Glad you enjoyed. See you soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Heritage for dinner on a Saturday night. When we walked in we were very impressed with the building. The architecture and design is modern and beautiful. The hostess told us we would have to wait a bit for a table so we decided to have a drink at the bar. Our drink bill was $33 for two drinks!!! We were stunned and very disappointed at the high bill for average drinks. When our table was ready the hostess sat us and the tables were uncomfortably close together. The next table was about a foot away and the waitresses were struggling to make their way through the dining room. Our food was average, cooked well and tasty. Our waitress was good too. Overall I would say the drinks were overpriced, the decor was awesome, the seating was incredibly uncomfortable and the food was okay. We are not sure if we will return.

HI Christina,
Thanks for the constructive review, We have been taking in all guest feedback and trying to adjust. I am sorry the flavors were just average on your visit as we are going for much more than that and it's disappointing to hear. As for the drink prices, we have been sensitive to price point and most of our drinks are priced in the $10-$12 range. $33 does seem high for 2 drinks. I am available at ed@heritagefooddrink.com and would be very appreciative if you could reach out so I could look into this. I know I am asking a lot by asking you to reach out but I would like to correct that pricing issue for future guests and also chat with you about coming back and giving us a second chance if you would be so kind. Hope to hear from you

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I recently visited this restaurant. I had the Fire roasted chicken. The flavor was very good. It came with braised kale. The Kale was really tough to chew. My sister had the Miso glazed cod. The dish was very small for the price, however it had great flavor. My niece had the double cheeseburger, it was perfect! The service was good. Drinks were great.

1  Thank LinLinWestchester

Thank you for the review! We are working on the Miso cod as we feel it is a great and unique entree to the area but it has been tough for us to get consistent product and your comments are very much appreciated. My name is Ed and I am the General Manager. I would love to introduce myself on your next visit. If I can be of assistance, I am available at ed@heritagefooddrink.com and would love to hear from you.