“Freshest seafood...new bigger place...very slow service.”

Joe Willy's Seafood House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We had fried shrimp, clamstrips and flounder with hush puppies...delicious.
The cole slaw had a bit of an "off" taste so we did not eat it. Very understaffed. Our waiter was great until a large table came in and he was overwhelmed. We waited and waited for our check...finally had to go and find him to get it. You need a lot of patience here.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Went for dinner. I was a little hesitant after seeing them on Restaurant Impossible. However since that, they have moved into a nice place and seemed to have other great reviews so i decided to finally give it a chance. It's hard to take a chance on seafood since it's usually fairly expensive - and freshness matters a lot.
We went in and were greeted immediately. It took a few minutes to be seated. The place was nice but the crowd is on the louder side. I prefer a quiet dining experience but it wasn't so loud that it turned me off.
Service was prompt and professional, and the waitress knew the specials. My wife had Shrimp Tacos and i had King Crab legs. They were both delicious and the portions were generous. I almost wish they offered a half portion of the king crab legs. It was hard to eat them all, but you cant take them home as they don't keep well. Maybe offer half king crab and a lobster tail option.
Seafood tasted and appeared to be fresh - smelled like seafood but not like the sea, as it should be. The crab was not overcooked which i was happy about. many places tend to overcook.
I cannot wait to go again, i am bringing my family there for my mom's birthday.

1  Thank Puggy T
Reviewed 3 June 2017

First visit to Joe Willy's and was not disappointed. The cod and shrimp I had was fresh and delicious. The waitstaff was great. Very attentive. Will definitely be back. I highly recommend visiting Joe Willy's.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Scallops, shrimp, steak, salmon, shrimp mousse, everything was fantastic. What a pleasant surprise!
Restaurant is located in an unassuming strip mall. A hidden gem!
Waitress was fantastic and very attentive. On the the money!!

The only cons: steak ordered medium well. Was done about a minute too long. But the flavor was excellent.
Ordered the fried sampler platter. Could have been fried a little less. Still delicious.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Beautiful new location with larger dining area and party room. Suitable for a group or romantic dinner; great acoustics, not noisy. Sea food was fresh and tasty, not frozen, watery or bland. Nice option of appetizers, four different ones were ordered to share and all were perfect as were the specialty cocktails! Everyone enjoyed their entree which ranged from fried, breaded, broiled and steamed. I ordered fried oysters which were delicious! Nice sized portions that left us all full. Friendly family owners on premise to offer the best in service and hospitality.