Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Review Highlights
Nice walk with the dogs

We saw a dam, rapids, herons, a bald eagle, a cormorant. It was an excellent afternoon. The dogs... read more

Reviewed 1 October 2018
Larry087_12
Auburn, New York
Great river views and an easy walk

Peebles Island is an interesting state park in the middle of the Mohawk River. There are no real... read more

Reviewed 22 September 2018
JeffreyD1683
Troy, New York

All reviews perimeter trail peebles island revolutionary war urban development mohawk river hour walk native americans nice walk cohoes falls deer wildlife woods confluence cliffs hike rapids picnic
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

This trail has it all - woods, water, and wildlife. My husband, my nine year old son and I really enjoyed this hike. I liked how there were some inclines etc so not just a flat path. Trails were well marked and maintained. Gorgeous scenery for taking pics and quite a few spots with picnic tables for a snack. We saw many deer as well as two bald eagles resting in a tree near the trail entrance!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This park is an island at the confluence of the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers. It is a nice island with short hikes. Pleasant place to spend the afternoon! I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I live nearby in Waterford, and this is located a short walk from the Waterford boat basin. Just stroll across the old RR bridge and you are in a lovely park with nature trails and vistas. View the Cohoes Falls and lower falls from a different vantage point. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

we had never been here and wasn't sure what was here, so basically checked out the areas along the water, taking the bridge from the Cohoes Side over to Waterford. next time we will come back to hike more and possibly take the dig.
Really enjoyable and bring your camera.
Since it is a NYS State park there is a parking fee between mid May and mid October.
Looks like they offer commercial boat rides during the season from Waterford side.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Plenty of nearby parking, Then a walk onto the island, Surely you will see deer! Anytime time of day. A few paths lead you around the island, Nice high view of the river. Bring your cameras and friends! I saw a few picnic tables on the island. Very nice place to visit a few times a year. I always take my house guest there to walk about the paths.