TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius
US$261
Seaview Calodyne Lifestyle Resort(Calodyne)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$105
Agoda.com
Zilwa Attitude(Calodyne)
US$144
Coin de Mire Attitude(Bain Boeuf)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
  • Pool
LUX* Grand Gaube(Grand Gaube)
US$216
US$209
Casa Florida Hotel(Pereybere)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$96
US$149
US$130
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsstreet foodseabreeze barmain restauranttwo weekstaba jsea viewglass doorsunset cruisewave barspecial thanksdogs and catstoilet and showerwrapsspecial mentiongala nightlobster nightwho cleaned our room
Reviewed 31 March 2018

My partner and I stayed for two weeks in Feb 2018. We had an amazing time for the whole of the two weeks... from the weather right down to the food, hospitality and also the hotel facilities. We had a very clean and comfortable room, no issues at all there. It was cleaned daily and we weren't disturbed in our room by cleaners or anyone for the whole time we were there. There was no mould or any problems with the room whatsoever.
The food was amazing! We had the choice to try different types of worldwide food each day, and every lunch time and dinner time there were always different options, and all delicious!
The staff were all extremely kind, friendly and helpful and they make you feel very welcome. We met some great people, Steeven and Kosaal were just two of the people that made our stay so special.
To make a huge change to our normal holidays, may I say that at no point were we hassled by locals selling things, either on the beach or around the hotel, even though there were locals there selling some beautifully crafted items, also sarongs and jewellery etc. The beach was clean and the water was beautiful, we couldn't have wished for a more picturesque view some days! Everyone we met was so happy to help, and they always had time to speak to us, which is lovely considering how busy they all are.
We went on a day trip on a catamaran, down the east coast, where you had unlimited drinks and also lunch on board which was a BBQ, again the food was amazing. This trip was organised by the TUI team at the hotel, and I would definitely recommend this day trip, got to see some views that were phenomenal! We also went on the sunset cruise which was from the hotel itself, I would also recommend this as it was a great end to a lovely holiday. The list is endless of how fantastic this holiday, hotel and experience was for us. I would highly recommend to stay at this Sensimar hotel.
Thank you all at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, you do an amazing job, we had the most wonderful time, and we would love to come back one day!

Room Tip: Highest floor is quiet at more private - especially corner rooms
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laura T
523guestrelations, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Laura,

Thank you for sharing the experiences of your stay at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius and for recommending it so nicely to other reviewers.

I am delighted that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I am privileged to be working with a team of genuinely caring and committed individuals, who will be thrilled to receive your appreciation of their efforts.

I have shared your good impressions with all the team especially Chef and his team who are happy that you appreciated the culinary experiences offered.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again for another amazing stay at our resort.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We have just spent two weeks at this resort from. 26th February to 12th March 2018.The check in was a little drawn out .We were taken to the amphitheatre and given a hot towel and a drink. We were given registration cards and asked for our passports. Someone collected the forms and then we had to wait until our room was ready. We were offered the use of a shower room but this was not very practical as we had not got any clothes to change into and also the room was communal and we had nowhere safe to leave our hand luggage. We had to wait over an hour for our room. The room was very well appointed with a double bed, flat screen TV and fitted wardrobe of a good size (although there were no doors or draws just a curtain and some shelves and hanging rails). There was an electric safe in the wardrobe free of charge which was very easy to use. The bathroom had a hand basin; a WC also there was a walk in shower with a raindrop shower head and a normal head. Tea/coffee making facilities and a mini bar stocked with sparkling water and soft drinks and beer were also supplied.
The pool area was very clean. There were lots of sun beds. There was also a large stretch of manmade beach with sun beds and parasols the pool bar served a good range of drinks and there was a waiting on service around the pool and beach area. Cold water was available on the beach from a cooler.
The main buffet restaurant Le Benitier was very good for breakfast served between 7 & 10, late breakfast from 10 &11, tea & coffee was served between 6&7. Lunch was served between 12:30 & 14:00 and dinner was between 18:30& 22:00.There was a wide variety of foods, although they could have been a little hotter. We did not try the a la carte restaurant The Culinarium as it was the other end of the resort. The Taba J & Banyan snack bars were open for lunch from 12:30 & 15:30 and the Mauritian street food and BBQ were very good.
The Wave bar was open from 10:30 and 1:00 and a wait on service was supplied. There was a wide variety of drinks that were of a good standard for non well known brands. The Seabreeze bar was open from 10:30 & 23:00 and offered the same service as the Wave bar. The entertainment was live music in the amphitheatre and was very good most nights. There was also a cultural night which was good.
The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful. All in all we had a good time but feel that but for a few minor things it could have been exceptional.
1 There were no hand rails on the steps around the pool area.
2 The lighting on the stair wells from the rooms was poorly lit.
3 There were only 2 public toilets.
4 No hand rail in the shower.
All in all we would probably return to this resort.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
523guestrelations, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Hammer,

Thank you for this glowing review of your stay at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius.

I am delighted that the hotel was up to your expectations and you enjoyed your time among us. I have shared your appreciations with all our Family Members as a source of motivation to keep up the great service usually afforded to our guests. They are all happy to know they have been able to make your holiday a pleasant and memorable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back again very soon at our resort for another wonderful stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Well, definitely not a 4-start hotel. You will be horrified by what we want through. We checked in on a Monday and were only going to stay there for a week. We arrived around 9am and weren’t given access to the rooms before 2:30pm. Just imagine, having your dirty flight clothes and when I asked where I could refresh they advised me to eat lunch and by then it will be ready, which it wasn’t. The room was gd in the beginning, the problems started a few hours afterwards. During that night we noted that we had ants in the bed, on out clothes in the wardrobe, on my water glass – everything. Also, the drainage did not drain kind of a flood in or room. The issues where reported on Tuesday and that same evening the same problems still remained. On Wednesday we had an adventure booked with an external diving centre. Ate breakfast at their buffet restaurant and then my partner became really bad, he had to go to the toilet every 30 min. We had to pay and cancel our trip as it was impossible for my partner to join. My partner started to get horrible cramps, stomach pain and diarrhoea. I informed the hotel manager and he claimed that it is impossible that he’s became ill because of the hotel/restaurants. Even more interesting, the only placed we been at since we arrived has been on the hotel, only eaten what every the hotel restaurants provide. During the afternoon we were advised to see a doctor, the hotel arranged a doctor to come to the hotel. He was there 5min, didn’t even examine him and gave him a bill of MUR 3999 which we weren’t even informed of. Just base in mind that we still live in that room filled with ants and flood, and nothing has been sorted out. He ended up with high fever, the medication didn’t help him. His holiday was totally destroyed and the hotel didn’t do a single thing to try to improve it. Please, add £200 and visit another hotel, it’s not worth it when you travelled as far as we did to end up at a crappy place as this. They are not even service minded. Sadly, as it is an all-inclusive hotel, you expect at least a variety of foods. It’s the same buffet every evening, lunch the same. You have in total 3 restaurant but its only two that are included. I wouldn’t even rate this place with a one star. I will raise a complaint to the agency I booked it claiming my money back, we’ll see how that goes.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank royiis
H0tels_Management, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay at our resort.

I regret that your partner got sick during your stay and am glad that his condition improved before departure. I can totally understand that this had an impact on your plans and was not a pleasant experience for your holidays.

I recognise that our intervention may not have met your expectations during such a stressful time, but I can assure you that we took your situation very seriously. A close follow-up was done by several members of our team whom you met, who offered to tailor meals to your partner’s specific health requirements, as well as a room move to improve your comfort.

I fear that there was also a misunderstanding over the consultation fee. Our team member did mention it, including the fact that it could be claimed back from your insurance.

I understand that you may prefer not to stay with us again. However, should you give us the opportunity of another visit, we would do our utmost to offer you a better experience.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Staff very Freindly.
Arrived to find my bedroom roof full of mould.
They did offer me another room but was in a worse position so it was cleaned and i settled
For this.
Smell of mould for two weeks.
No beach more of a launch photos will explain all.
Paid all inclusive and if you want a half decent meal you have to pay £80 to £100. Per couple.
Maldives prices for a Gran canaria resort.
Buffet was the same more a less for 14 days.

Weather Great
Hire a car and explore the island.
Best beaches South East coast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Lea A
H0tels_Management, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Lea,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay.

I am relieved that you have appreciated the hospitality of our Family Members.

I am sorry to read your comments regarding the room, for which I would like to extend my sincere apologies. Unfortunately, our island has been facing unusual continuous rainfalls which resulted in the mould and smell. Nevertheless, I understand your feelings with regards to this unpleasant situation. Rest assured that I have shared your constructive feedback with the Maintenance team in view of improvements.

Looking forward to a second chance of welcoming you for a better experience,

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We have just returned from a fabulous two week holiday at the Sensimar Lagoon in Mauritius. The hotel is really nice and just what we wanted for a special holiday with our friends. However, what really stood out for us was how brilliant the staff were - nothing was too much trouble. It seems a shame to name any in particular as they were all so great but we had a lovely celebration meal with our friends in the Culinarium Restaurant and received fantastic service from Nitish and his team - Mohit, Yash, Rounesh and Akshay. We were also really well looked after in the main restaurant by Ranjini and Kajal and by Shashi at the Seebreeze Bar. Our room was also kept spotlessly clean by Parvez. We also loved Marcus on the beach who managed to sell our wives some saris and beach dresses, but without hassling us!
The other thing we particularly liked about the hotel was the amount of space per guest. This meant that you did not end up being squeezed in like sardines on either the beach or by the pool and, more importantly, didn't have to rush down to reserve your bed with your towel - some people did this but there was no need as there would still be plenty of space to sit if you didn't get down until mid-morning.
If I had to make a suggestion as to where I think there is room for improvement then I think it would be nice if part of the main restaurant could be air-conditioned. I realise this could be difficult given the layout but it would be good to have a choice of inside or out when the weather is particularly hot and humid.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank AndySMcK
523guestrelations, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Andy,

Thank you for sharing the experiences of your stay at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius.

I am delighted that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I have shared your good impressions with all the team as a source of encouragement to continue the great service usually afforded to our guests. They are all happy to know that they contributed in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

Your kind suggestion on the air-conditioning have been taken very constructively by the team for our future improvement.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again next year for another wonderful stay in our resort.