US$362
US$244
US$170
InterContinental
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

US$344
US$314
Agoda.com
Sea View Villas(Balaclava)
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$882
US$577
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$288
US$214
Official Site
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$287
US$200
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$276/night.

TripAdvisor
2,126 results
All reviewsragulime restaurantsports villagebeach baradults only sectiontaba jfloating restaurantstreet foodsushi restaurantchef benmozaik restaurantbeach frontwater sportsfamily suitebeach gamesmini barspecial thanks
Reviewed 22 June 2018

First off, the hotel is excellent, great facilities, great staff and food. We had a beach-side room in the Adults only section and I'd definitely recommend this; private beanbags on the beach, nice big room with an amazing view, lunch at Lime restaurant and the best "beach butler" in Ragu. The choice of restaurants is very good and we loved Kot Nou where the Mauritian food was outstanding and the service by Balram matched it.

The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that I don't think we had full use of everything we could've - primarily due to not being told about this, either at check-in or elsewhere. For example:
didn't know sparkling wine was included in the AI package. Wasn't aware that water skiing was free of charge and while the Beach BBQ was generally excellent, wasn't aware we had other options.

All in all though i'd highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor, beach view in the Adults Only building
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank yabbadabba
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Good morning,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the facilities, culinary experience in the Dine-Around concept - especially at Lime and Kot Nou restaurant as well as the hospitality of our Family Members, namely Ragu and Balram whom you recommended.

I really appreciate your recommendation to the other travellers - Thank you!

I am sorry if this information was not well communicated to you upon your check in and please accept my sincere apologies. Moreover, I would like to share with you that our hosts are given a letter upon arrival where all the required information are included.

I hope that you will visit again for a better experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I booked this for my family, 6 people, all adults.
The hotel itself, grounds, rooms, bars, entertainment and beach are all fabulous.
The staff at the pool, beach bar, and the evening bar are great.
The breakfast buffet is very good and the people cooking the eggs and pancakes are excellent. But the service is definitely hit and miss. The staff are too slow to clear tables, they don't notice when you have sat down and are waiting for coffee, or they bring you coffee and then take 10 minutes to find the milk.
The restaurants, with the exception of The Bistro were all really bad and I would not recommend them.
The buffet in the evening was not up to much with food cold and tables uncleared.
The beach bbq is not great quality, although the waiting staff do a really good job.
I expected better for the price.

It's a lovely beach, with a great cocktail bar and the most amazing sunsets, but don't expect crystal blue water and white sand.

Room Tip: All the rooms
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Wrightybluenose
H0tels_Management, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am glad that you have appreciated various aspects of our resort along with the hospitality of many of our Family Members.

I sincerely apologise for any inconsistency you have witnessed in some of our restaurants. I would like to share with us that we are currently strengthening our training program for all our guest-facing teams, including waiters and kitchen teams, to ensure more efficient, swift and thoughtful service at peak times.

I regret that our culinary offer except at The Bistro was not per your expectations. Should you give us the opportunity of another visit, my team will present you to our Chef would will be more than happy to prepare tailor-made dishes for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a better experience, with your cocktails kept ready at the beach bar

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Staff is fantastic. Perfect for a family holiday. Attentive service. When you go down to the beach your only waiter will be Ravi, everyone else is also fantastic, but we prefered him for his attention to detail in all our needs. Thank you Ravenala for a memorable family holiday. Keep up the good work and we will hopefully see you soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacques R
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Jacques,

Thank you so much for this heart-warming review following your holidays at The Ravenala Attitude.

I am delighted to read your appreciation about your overall stay and especially, the service and special attention of our Family Members, namely Ravi whom you recommended.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable time with us.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This was our first and hopefully not last visit to Mauritius and WE LOVED IT! From the second we stepped into the hotel, we were greeted with lovely friendly faces who couldn't be more helpful; with very few exceptions, this remained the case right up until we left two weeks later. The hotel boasts some of the friendliest members of staff we have ever encountered. Special mentions to Jayashree (waitress), Mozahir (pool service) and Azhaar (room boy). This list is by no means exhaustive but sometimes we didn't catch all the names :(
Food was lovely with a nice selection of a la carte restaurants - our favourites were the Mauritian, the Italian and the Grill. I recommend the Otentik Mauritian cuisine course which includes a freshly made traditional curry for lunch afterwards. Some great history is shared during this and the chap who hosts it is very entertaining.
There would always be live entertainment in the evenings which made for a nice atmosphere, from live singing to fire eating. Great selection of drinks and cocktails which were always delivered with a smile.
We were told the hotel was probably at about 80% capacity and with that in mind, it never felt overcrowded at any point and nor did we ever struggle to find bed space around the pool or the beach.
Beach was lovely with great water-sports choices - the boat house staff who we encountered at some point most days were always super friendly and helpful.
The entire place is absolutely spotless and I would return in a heartbeat - thank you :)

Room Tip: We had a 3rd (top) floor room overlooking the pool. It was close to everything and huge inside due to the vaulted ceiling, which was great.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gail H

Dear Gail,

Thank you for choosing The Ravenala Attitude for your holidays.

It is a pleasure to read such a nice review of your stay and thank you for appreciating the welcome, food in the Dine-Around concept - especially Kot Nou, A Tavola and BBQ restaurants which you appreciated.

Thank you for recommending the Otentik cooking class to the other travellers! I am also glad that you enjoyed the entertainment as well as special attention of our Family Members namely Jayashree, Mozahir and Azhaar whom you recommended.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Ravenala during the first week in June. I received a warm reception and the staff were very nice with s refreshing lemon grass cordial. I enjoyed the design and size of the bathrooms and loved our room. They had free snorkeling and water skiiing making it a great family vacation spot. I enjoyed my stay on the warm beach everyday. I was disappointed that we could never get a booking in the hotel at the resident restaurants and Oft times some of the staff were not aware of the services at the hotel. There was not much promotion of seeing other parts of the island. Make sure to change your money at the airport, the hotel rates are bad. They did not provide drinking water in the room. The spa offering did not look very nice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Cheryl A
H0tels_Management, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Cheryl,

I am glad that you have appreciated various aspects of our property.

I have read your comments about some of our team members with great concern and for which I extend my apologies. Rest assured that we are currently strengthening our training program for improvements and to avoid such situations in the future.

Concerning the sightseeing over the island, I would like to share with you that same is organized by the Tour Operators based at the resort and I regret if you were not informed of same during your stay.

I would like to reassure you that the rates which are used at the hotel for money change is more or less the same over the island in other resorts.

With regards to water, kindly note that it is only included in the All-In-All-Out package.

Hoping for a second chance of welcoming you back for a better experience,

Warm Regards,