“God created Paradise ...”

Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Grand Gaube
Reviewed 18 November 2017

And with what was left He then created the P&V and all of the fantastic hardworking amazing people therein !!
I guess I should start with how most reviews start with check in, completed by one of my new 'family' Emilie whilst being given cold drinks and towels. Escorted to our 1st room(more on that in a while) #401 whist being shown the resort as we went.
We had booked a privelidge room and it was fairly spacious however as others have said hanging space was somewhat at a premium (NOT good for a clothes diva like me) but what i have to say having read some petty niggly little gripes in some of these reviews just remember that almost everything can be resolved here if you only just ASK someone, don't think there's anything that couldn't be solved if you only opened your mouth, that's how accommodating everyone is.
I have a minor mobility issue for which I had some neurosurgery following our return from the P&V last week (we returned on the 10th Nov) and after a couple of days found that I couldn't manage the steps up to #401, I asked in reception regards the possiblity of a room change and we were moved to a ground floor room within a couple of hours (#200) suitcases even moved for us and all without the slightest groan or grumble from the staff.
FOOD
Is great, again people moan about burgers and wraps etc for lunch, if you don't want that then ask for a salad or something you do want. We saw people eating salads for lunch because they'd asked for them. Don't moan, just ask. Because we had privelidges (sorry about my spelling here) we got to eat in the beach restaurant if there was a table, try and book at 11 a.m for the next day(for dinner service, NOT lunch which can be eaten here at any time except Sundays when it's closed) and you'll be O.K. A word of warning tho, we ate down there one evening and there were 9 honeymoon tables and 3 of us older couples which made me smile. Try the dry red octopus curry, absolutely to DIE for and indeed had I died during my surgery I would've gone with a smile on my face having eaten that. You can even see the guys catching the Octopi when the tide is low. Regards being given bills for food, get with the programme people and KNOW what is and what's not included in your package, any gripes in regards to this are your fault and not the hotels. I point this out only because Mrs Wong is too polite and courteous to do it. Mrs Wong is in the hotel very very frequently and is happy to converse with any guest at any time, again just ASK.
Drinks
AI starts from 11 a.m till 11 p.m, drinks arer great, coffee is great, service is fab and always with a smile.

So, I don't honestly think that this review will get me many likes, mainly because i haven't covered every minute detail about infinity pool (beautiful) small pool (lovely) rooms and any other nitty gritty details that may be important to you. However, I wanted to make room for this last bit. We spoke to Dani on our last day and what I said was that a good holiday/ hotel isn't just about the infrastructure of the building nor really about the facilities contained therein, in my view what absolutely makes a good holiday An AMAZING one are the people you spend time with when you're there, so this my lovely lovely new Mauritian family is ALL just for you
The Guest relation 'angels'
Emilie, Cynthia, Djamel and Severine (hope at least 2 of you can guess whos'e written this, I'll be in touchxx) THANK YOU ALL from the very bottom of my heart
The wait staff and managers
Rakesh F&B manager and magician extrordinaire, still can't work that card trick out !!
Rishi ( who we understand left just before we did, i hope your new venture goes well and that we didn't drive you so crazy that the only way out was to leave)
Koushan,the brothers from another mother Kevin and Louis,Rajeev, Rohit, sweet Matieu, Sonny and the fabulous Patima, There are loads I've missed i KNOW this so please accept my sincerest apologies, you all hold a place in my heart.
The Entertainment guys
The fabulous Dani (your family are still in my thoughts and prayers) and the ever smiling Juliene (thank you for coming in early to say 'bye')
The kindness, sincerity and love of everyone at the P&V will live with us for a long long time.
Miss you already
Helen and John Mears

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms all have patio, those in the higher 100's (i.e 300, 400) are further away fro...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank seagull6
JenniferWong-VPV, Manager at Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Valued Guests Helen & John Mears

I hope that your return journey went well, and that you are now happily settling in after your recent vacation, and a recent injury - you are such a brave lady, Mrs Mears...!

Well, reading you, put a smile on my face. Thank you , I am very touched.

You know, we are very positive about constructive criticisms although reading them on TripAdvisor is not the best of places to have them, nor do they entertain the best of feelings when you read there there... with the world reading the same thing...But no worries...; we would, yes, as you mentioned, encourage people to come and talk to us - let us know when we can put things straight. Just to say, that as from this Monday, for instance, we are going to have 2 sandwich bar menus that we will serve alternatively every week. This, so as to give all inclusive guests more choices, which we are, but I understand that this concept is a hit with our all inclusives, and we wanted to keep the concept on a 2 weeks rotation, given that the average stay for all inclusive is 2 weeks.

We do take to listening to our guests, and whenever practically and financially possible, we would do needful to give you the best we can, so as to be the best value possible to you...

It is such a feel good factor to have guests like yourselves who are so kind; it gives a sense and a purpose to our work, as we feel that we are working for people with good intentions...

We hope to see you again soon.

Keep well

With sincere regards

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,857)

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Okay the hotel is beautiful the area is beautiful the pools and restaurants are really nice too but the service is a JOKE...

There is 1 barman who is worked to the bone where he does know his stuff he isn't very friendly or happy I guess it's because he works so hard... He was working 2 weeks straight to get a weekend off poor guy.
That's the main bar then down at the beach bar I was told If I asked for water before 11am i would be charged for it.... WATER !!!!

There is no service on the beach we got 4 rounds of drinks and our little table was full of glasses definitely not 4 star service...

The nights entertainment was good and a good laugh sometimes too was a lot of fun but then again we waited after making a point to a guy serving to please not forget about us as the night before we hardly had service for drinks too and yes he forgot about us I was eventually ordering 2 drinks which isn't fun but has to be done if you don't want your throat to dry up!
On a plus we went to veranda grande baie for a drink to have a look at it and WOW the service there is impeccable the bar tender Nadeem loved his job made us feel so at home made us 4 different cocktails AND ALL WERE TAISTY just shows how attitude makes things taste better...

Then our mini bar wasn't stocked one day for some reason and on another day they left the old water bottle and no fresh water (just frustrating)

Then my WOSRT was I needed to toilet and the cleaners didn't leave any paper so I kindly called embarassed asking for paper which was bad enough but they didn't even come i waited and waited and forgot I needed the loo then I realized I needed it again checked the clock and it was 1hr and 5 minutes later so I had to kindly be embarrassed again and ask where my paper was ???

Sorry that's pathetic knowing we on honeymoon at least make sure the paper is replenished.

On a whole it's beautiful and would recommend it but wow the service needs to be jacked up on all levels
There was one waiter who was kind friendly and always on his toes his name was Kevin thanks for all your service and all you did for us when we were there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Jono B
JenniferWong-VPV, Manager at Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest

We have well taken note of your review, and wish to apologize wholeheartedly for our failure to provide quality service.

Rest assured that we have looked into the causes of these failures and will constantly ensure that proper actions and SOPs are being adhered to.

However after having checked with the HR department, nobody at the bar has been working that much - 2 whole weeks... Although we do work hard, more than the legal 45 hour week, down from the previous 48 hour week the industry demands, the operatives do on average around 50 hours weekly - same is being paid overtime as per existing labor laws.

Wishing you a more positive holiday experience should you visit Mauritius again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Booked in Germany due to a recommendation from our travel agency. The whole complex was renovated and reopened one week prior to our arrival. Everything was perfect. Clean and comfortable rooms, nice pools & beach, super friendly staff (special thanks to Aldo, Bryan & Yogeshwar!!!) & good food/drinks every day. Would definitely come back next stay in Mauritius. Thanks from the funny Germans Markus and Dominik Torreto ;)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guests Markus and Dominik Torreto

Thank you very much for you kind review of a "perfect stay" in Mauritius, Veranda Paul & Virginie.

We will keep up doing better and more.

We hope to see you again some time soon at your resort

With warmest regards

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Modern yet cosy and lux boutique resort with attentive staff and a great infinity pool, beach and a restaurant in the sea. This resort has been recently renovated. I can recommend this true piece of paradise to everyone. Great value!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest

A huge thank you for sharing.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed a lovely vacation at Veranda Paul & Virginie.

We are happy with the end result ourselves, and can only say that we love this hotel too...! :) But we must keep on to work hard to make it even more successful for all.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Sincerely

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Currently on holiday here and we got the all inclusive package. Upon entry at the second restaurant last night we got reassured that dinner is included in the package. The food was below standard & we got a bill at the end of the meal.

This is not acceptable.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Helen v
JenniferWong-VPV, Manager at Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest Helen

It is a big shame that you did not get to meet with me, as I would have clarified this issue with you on the spot.

I was at the beach restaurant on the same night as you were, and with the guests at the table, we were amongst the last to leave the place that evening. The restaurant was full; and all guests appear content, with no complaint whatsoever. I did not witness any guests who returned their food, nor did I witness anyone asking to speak to the Chef nor to the restaurant manager. Nor did we have any records of negative feedback from our team members informing us about complaints on the quality of food served.

Whilst misunderstandings may occur, amongst other foods ordered that night was a sea food platter, which is a paying item in any case. The beach restaurant as advertised to everyone including our partners, and this has been the case for years, is a paying service except if you are on the privilege offer - there is a special A la carte for those on this offer, which excludes seafood, and another A La Carte which is opened to everyone, against a supplement.

While we are confident that our people are conversant with the beach restaurant, I will nonetheless take it up again with them. But you may wish to know that that upon enquiries, Yogesh who took your order has been working at the beach restaurant for about a year now.

Thanking you for your kind attention, and looking forward to meeting with you if you so wish.

Very best regards

Veranda Pointe aux Biches Hotel
#3 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
18 km away
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
1 km away
LUX* Grand Gaube
LUX* Grand Gaube
#1 of 7 in Grand Gaube

Been to Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!