And with what was left He then created the P&V and all of the fantastic hardworking amazing people therein !!
I guess I should start with how most reviews start with check in, completed by one of my new 'family' Emilie whilst being given cold drinks and towels. Escorted to our 1st room(more on that in a while) #401 whist being shown the resort as we went.
We had booked a privelidge room and it was fairly spacious however as others have said hanging space was somewhat at a premium (NOT good for a clothes diva like me) but what i have to say having read some petty niggly little gripes in some of these reviews just remember that almost everything can be resolved here if you only just ASK someone, don't think there's anything that couldn't be solved if you only opened your mouth, that's how accommodating everyone is.
I have a minor mobility issue for which I had some neurosurgery following our return from the P&V last week (we returned on the 10th Nov) and after a couple of days found that I couldn't manage the steps up to #401, I asked in reception regards the possiblity of a room change and we were moved to a ground floor room within a couple of hours (#200) suitcases even moved for us and all without the slightest groan or grumble from the staff.
Is great, again people moan about burgers and wraps etc for lunch, if you don't want that then ask for a salad or something you do want. We saw people eating salads for lunch because they'd asked for them. Don't moan, just ask. Because we had privelidges (sorry about my spelling here) we got to eat in the beach restaurant if there was a table, try and book at 11 a.m for the next day(for dinner service, NOT lunch which can be eaten here at any time except Sundays when it's closed) and you'll be O.K. A word of warning tho, we ate down there one evening and there were 9 honeymoon tables and 3 of us older couples which made me smile. Try the dry red octopus curry, absolutely to DIE for and indeed had I died during my surgery I would've gone with a smile on my face having eaten that. You can even see the guys catching the Octopi when the tide is low. Regards being given bills for food, get with the programme people and KNOW what is and what's not included in your package, any gripes in regards to this are your fault and not the hotels. I point this out only because Mrs Wong is too polite and courteous to do it. Mrs Wong is in the hotel very very frequently and is happy to converse with any guest at any time, again just ASK.
AI starts from 11 a.m till 11 p.m, drinks arer great, coffee is great, service is fab and always with a smile.
So, I don't honestly think that this review will get me many likes, mainly because i haven't covered every minute detail about infinity pool (beautiful) small pool (lovely) rooms and any other nitty gritty details that may be important to you. However, I wanted to make room for this last bit. We spoke to Dani on our last day and what I said was that a good holiday/ hotel isn't just about the infrastructure of the building nor really about the facilities contained therein, in my view what absolutely makes a good holiday An AMAZING one are the people you spend time with when you're there, so this my lovely lovely new Mauritian family is ALL just for you
The Guest relation 'angels'
Emilie, Cynthia, Djamel and Severine (hope at least 2 of you can guess whos'e written this, I'll be in touchxx) THANK YOU ALL from the very bottom of my heart
The wait staff and managers
Rakesh F&B manager and magician extrordinaire, still can't work that card trick out !!
Rishi ( who we understand left just before we did, i hope your new venture goes well and that we didn't drive you so crazy that the only way out was to leave)
Koushan,the brothers from another mother Kevin and Louis,Rajeev, Rohit, sweet Matieu, Sonny and the fabulous Patima, There are loads I've missed i KNOW this so please accept my sincerest apologies, you all hold a place in my heart.
The Entertainment guys
The fabulous Dani (your family are still in my thoughts and prayers) and the ever smiling Juliene (thank you for coming in early to say 'bye')
The kindness, sincerity and love of everyone at the P&V will live with us for a long long time.
Miss you already
Helen and John Mears
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the picturesque village of Grand Gaube, Veranda Paul et Virginie is the new intimate and tranquil 4-star address for couples in Mauritius, designed to encourage total escapism. Tandem ride in the village, duo massage on the water, all-day breakfast in room, surprise apéro and private dinner under the stars, exclusive cruise on our catamaran, every moment is crafted for the most unforgettable memories. Sea views from all rooms, endless panoramas to the faraway islands and turquoise lagoon, fresh and light contemporary decor blending to authentic mauritian architectural features such as stones, wood and thatched roofs, punctuated with sepia illustration of famous couple Paul et Virginie… discover the perfect cocoon to host an idyllic holiday, just for two. The new infinity pool, back-dropped by the vivid turquoise blue lagoon invites guests to experience the simplest pleasures of life, like being together whilst soaking up the sun and the island light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel Grand Gaube
- Veranda Paul And Virginie Hotel & Spa
- Veranda Paul Virginie Grand Gaube
- Paul Virginie Hotel
- Veranda Paul Et Virginie Hotel & Spa Mauritius/Grand Gaube