Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius
SM Lodge(Trou d'eau Douce)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$18
Paradisia Residence(Trou d'eau Douce)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$21
ASD Residence(Trou d'eau Douce)(Great Value!)
US$18
La Residence Les Badamiers(Trou d'eau Douce)
US$34
Agoda.com
Chez Tino(Trou d'eau Douce)(Great Value!)
US$33
Colibri Beach Villas(Trou d'eau Douce)
US$43
Agoda.com
Friday Attitude(Trou d'eau Douce)
US$188
US$175
  • Pool
Tropical Attitude(Trou d'eau Douce)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Silver Beach Hotel(Trou d'eau Douce)
US$156
US$127
  • Breakfast included
Blue Ocean Appartments & Villas(Trou d'eau Douce)(Great Value!)
US$146
Agoda.com
All reviewsprivate islandfrangipani wingindian restaurantilot mangeniesega barjunior suitegolf coursebeach accessfrangipani islandkids clubhalf boardadult poolmain restaurantfour seasonspaddle boardingplay golffew issues
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Family holiday in July 2017 at the stunningly beautiful Shangrila Le Touserok Mautitius

Resort is World class
Service is simply Out of Africa; OUTSTANDING.
Staff Great

Food is tops but expensive.

Highly recommended

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sunil s
Shangri-LaMauritius, General Manager at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Sunil,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to read that your stay at Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa was outstanding and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another holiday in paradise

Reviewed 18 July 2017

My wife, Jiezhen and I spent our honeymoon at the wonderful Shangri-la Le Tousserok Hotel & Resort (from 11-14 July) and had a truly unforgettable time.

We are tremendously impressed with the remarkable attentiveness and care that we received, the level of luxury of the resort and most importantly for us, the warmth and friendliness of the staff and team at Shangri-la Le Tousserok. The resort is a gem and arguably the most beautiful resort that both Jiezhen and I have had the privilege of staying at.

The key distinction that made all the difference to us was that both Jiezhen and I felt like we were home in the presence and care of each member of the Shangri-la Le Tousserok staff, while at the same time enjoying the incredible luxury and beauty that the Shangri-la Mauritius had to offer. Everyone made the effort to make us feel welcomeed and it was really inspiring to feel and sense that every member of the staff that we met felt a sense of purpose and belonging to the work that they do. Seeing that many of them have been working at the resort for many years, further affirms our experience that this must be a very special place.

The resort is truly majestic. We made two day trips to Ilot Mangenie, the resort’s private island and had the most sensational food – the Pizza de Truffe and Lobster Linguine (which were both recommended to us by the wonderful staff) were phenomenal. All the other meals we had wer on-point – Safran, Republik Beach Club, Le Bazar and not forgetting the Spaghetti Bolognese we had for room service (which was fantastic) after a night of wonderful cocktail tasting arranged by Sebastian! Kudos to Ravi and the team at Sega Bar for delivering consistently amazing and balanced beverages to slake our thirst and Toto & his Jazz Band for their wonderful music – Toto does sound exactly like Louis Armstrong!

To Bernhard, Sebastian and Sunil, thank you for your sincerity, warmth and hospitality. Under your collective leadership, all of you have a fantastic team that we are certain will have Shangri-la Le Tousserok continue to soar to greater heights. The personal touches that each of you gave to Jiezhen and I during the stay made all the difference.

Special mention must go to our butlers, Sada and Bheemul for looking after us so well. Bheemul told us during one of our first conversations with him, “Here, we don’t treat you like guests – we treat you like family.” That truly stuck with us and we are thankful that we managed to experience that first hand.

We would also like give a special word of thanks to Katoorah, Chung and the rest of the in-room dining team for their thoughtfulness and attention to detail in curating both the unforgettable dinner-by-design (by the beach) and the equally memorable breakfast at the cabana by the water at Republik Beach Club. Mr Katoorah moved both Jiezhen and I with the passion and dedication that he has for his work, and the joy that it brings him. He is an inspiration and is truly an asset to the team and the work that is done at Shangri-la Mauritius.

Overall, Jiezhen and I left Mauritius with our hearts full. I remember saying to Jiezhen that the time we spent at Le Tousserok was the stuff that dream honeymoons were made of, and it certainly was just that. Thank you Shangri-la Mauritius for making our dream honeymoon a reality.

We wish everyone the best and continued success in being the jewel of the Indian Ocean and we hope very much to be back soon to explore and deepen our appreciation and understanding of Mauritius, the Mauritian people and their culture. Thank you!

Best,

Jiezhen & Jared

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jared K

Dear Jiezhen & Jared,

It was our pleasure to host you during your recent honeymoon and reading your kind comments have been incredibly rewarding for the team.

We love to warmly welcome guests to Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa and creating special memories for them through our many bespoke experiences including Dine by Design.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us, highlighting the individual efforts of many of our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Personal Paradise again in future.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We have had hit n miss experiences with the Shangri la. A previous trip to the Shangri la in Cebu was amazing the best service ever experienced. Since then visits to the shard in London have been a disappointment

Our current holiday falls in between the two

Beautiful location fabulous rooms hibiscus junior suites

Japanese restaurant fabulous however the buffet is a little repetitive n seats not particularly clean birds constantly landing on tables inside

Staff are v hit n miss some going the extra mile eg team in the Sega bar are great others going through the motions

We are in low season however I wouldn't expect our day at the beach n fabulous view to be interrupted by a Lorry driving past to rescue a mini digger that had partially sunk into the sea whilst excavating an area of the beach

3 days to go so hopeful things will pick up

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Carr1965

Dear Carr,

It is always our pleasure to welcome regular guests of Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. Whilst we are delighted to read that you are enjoying our beautiful surroundings, contemporary rooms and Kushi restaurant, we are disappointed to note that unfortunately our service hasn't been quite up to your expectations at times.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused with the lorry incident on the beach. Rest-assured this was a one-off disruption. We have also taken note of your buffet comments and will address them with our team.

We hope you enjoy the remainder of your holiday with us and if there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

My wife and myself stayed between 30th May and 7th June 2016.
It was a very pleasant and welcoming hotel. All staff was very good especially Benedict and the waiter/waitresses one from Camp de Masque. We booked with Trailfindersin London it was very good too. Nothing was a problem our room was changed due to some problem but it was an excellent stay. Well enjoyed and will be back.

Etwar and Lita Gokool London

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views enjoy your stay
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edward021

Dear Etwar and Lita,

Thank you for sharing your review with us and your kind observations with regards to the hardworking team at the hotel. We will most definitely pass your compliments onto Benedict.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another beautiful holiday in paradise.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Air
We chose to fly direct from Heathrow as my partner hates flying and we wanted to avoid the Dubai pitstop. This meant we were booked with Air Mauritius. We may have been unlucky, but the planes we flew on were terribly old fashioned with very tight seating and smaller TV's than most mobile devices. Not only was the size terrible but the facility to watch movies was awful, i.e. you couldn't pick and choose when to start them, there was no 'library', or touch screen facilty. This makes for a long 12 hour flight when you aren't prepared or can't sleep. You also can't charge your phone anywhere if that dies. For the return journey as two typical millennials we downloaded 12 hours of Netflix to get us through and used iPhone power banks. If the island want to attract seasoned luxury travellers Air Mauritius need to up their game, as this would put me off retuning.Nothing to do with the hotel but just an FYI...

Arrival
Our transfer was great - in fact the staff at the airports who were booked as part of our Kuoni package were fantastic. The welcome to the hotel with the 'gong' on arrival is a nice touch along with the koi carp in the background ensured we felt the 'Shagri La' touch we were looking forward to. Good news followed being told we had been up-graded into the Frangipani wing and cold towels and a welcome drink were given too.

The pre-authorisation process was fun however, as the young girl tried to charge 84,000 rupees as a hold which declined on all of our cards! As we had booked a half board package we did not intend on spending another £1,800 in the resort. We explained this to her but she didn't seem to understand and made us feel quite uncomfortable which resulted in us taking money out of other accounts and finally agreeing to let her take 42,000 instead. I think a lack of experience on her part meant she didn't handle it very well, so perhaps for future the resort could extend a little more flexibly to those guests booked on packages who are less likely to spend on incidentals. I understand for some this would not be an issue but even out of principle it didn't make sense to me. Then we were roomed by another girl, so three people in total to get us to our room which to me did seem a lot. The final young lady explained we had the mini bar included too which was a nice touch (or so we thought until half way through the holiday we discovered it wasn't included and she had got it wrong. They did not charge us for our consumption but it took them a couple of days for someone to make this decision).

Room
We were in 268 which was absolutely gorgeous. The view, space, light, bath, his and hers sinks, Nespresso machine etc were all great. The resort branded flip flops are a nice idea but I coudlnt wear any as they were huge and I'm a size 3! The beach basket is a fantastic idea as they are bulky so I didn't pack one and was delighted to find one there for me - I used it everyday. Each bedside had USP ports to charge phones as well as UK plug sockets for laptops. I would advise taking a two pin adapter as in the bathroom these are the plugs and so to use my GHD's I needed it (unless you remove the UK part of the plug before you arrive). Wi-Fi was free and worked everywhere in the resort.

If I want to be really picky, I noticed the products were in the resorts own dispensers, so you don't know what brand they are. It didn't bother me, but if comparing to recent stays at other luxury brands (Four Seasons using Bottega Veneta & Mandarin Oriental Aqua di Parma) it might make a difference to some people. The member of staff who serviced our room in the evening Yogesh was especially delightful. We hope he is looked after.

Pool / Beach
We only used the adult pool as it was near the room. Lovely area and we did get bottles of water and on two days out of 14 fruit skewers in the morning. There was not however any pool service which I thought odd. This leads onto our main criticism of the hotel, in that service is just very inconsistent. At the beach (we liked the small one at the back of the Frangipani wing) they had a flag system for service but you could end up waiting quite a long time. As lovely as the flags are, its 2017 - perhaps there could be an app for service to speed things up like other luxury resorts? I'm sure this would only increase sales too. On this note, I was very surprised at no app to download for the hotel in general. The St. Regis one has a great map and restaurant recommendations etc...

Activities
The gym was big and well equipped (throw some cold towels in a fridge and some juices and flapjack in maybe you'll get an extra forbes star?!). The instructors were nice but nobody really chatted to us. Again, if they had maybe we'd have paid for some personal training, or boxing - perhaps another selling opportunity missed. The tennis was great - Rosario looked after us (again the only other staff member I'd highlight that was great) he would bring over a cool box with water in it and towels etc. The day he was off we didn't get this and got thrown off court as it was booked by a russian sounding lady and her coach, but we weren't told you could book, or about this before we started playing which is a silly thing but just annoying, and inconsistent. The water sports were nice and we had a great time ParaSailing which wasn't expensive. We booked a Guide with Yanaventures to hike up Le Morne which was fantastic. About 7K up and down but a bit tricky in parts but well worth the view.

Golf:
One of the deciding factors in us booking this hotel was the golf being included, which did not disappoint. I do not play but my partner is at a good level so to see him enjoy it so much was really special - I just drove the buggy which had gps for us to track yards (although my partner was convinced it wasn't quite accurate!) the service on the course was wonderful with a little buggy who had beers and water and whom you could order a sandwich half way round! Lovely shop too with merchandise personalised to the club. They would also keep hold of clubs for the duration of your holiday so no need to take on the boat everyday. Even if you don't play the views are to die for especially on the last 9 holes.

Food & Beverage
We are real foodies and enjoyed Le Bazar - a great selection of food for all tastes we couldn't complain. Breakfast was a wonderful selection as expected, however again from a service perspective I would have expected staff to start to remember that we order the same drinks everyday or perhaps greet us by name. I asked for English Breakfast tea with 'cold' milk every day, and only got it with cold milk (not hot) on two out of 14. I know this is not normal for them but it became a running joke to ask for it and it just not happen so frequently. Safran was wonderful - probably one of the best prawn curries I've ever had and a cheesy naan bread which was even more incredible! Kushi was ok... we were quite let down with the 'cook your own' station which we found stressful even though a quirky experience. We were more disappointed that Republik was closed as the food here was more to our taste, and it has the best setting over the beach with the nice seating area. All of this was closed due to renovation...How can it be in renovation when fully operational at lunch time? If its due to seasonality just be honest and say, don't have lots of staff looking uncomfortable saying its a renovation. As a result of this and the main stage not having any entertainment (there was some on one night out of 14) the hotel lacked a lot of atmosphere. Cocktail hour was a nice idea but at 5pm for us it was too early and most other guests felt the same way so it meant hardly anyone ever went. Upon departure we ordered two coffees 'to go' but when we got to reception to jump in the taxi it was in a pot and we didn't have time to drink it, and they couldn't find any take away cups. Not a huge problem, but only say you can do something if you can deliver on it.

Overall we had a great holiday with real wow factor, which was incredible value for what we paid (via Kuoni). However, this is 90% driven by the product and the golf. If Shangri-La want to compete with brands such as Four Seasons et al, they need to up their service game. You get what you pay for, and those other brands are at a much higher price point and probably highly invest in their staff. I understand many Mauritians don't get to leave the island and its difficult to understand true luxury service until you've experienced it.

I feel not enough staff engaged with us to leave a lasting 'we must go back' memory and a bit more creativity on property could be encouraged to get guests involved in all outlets in the resort. We do not regret the choice and will enjoy looking back over our pictures for years to come.Please note my partner and I work in five star deluxe hotels in London so want our comments to be seen as constructive and not negative. We had a great holiday and this is a beautiful hotel. If Shangri La invest in their people I'm sure it will only get better and better.

Room Tip: If travelling as a couple, we would recommend the Frangipani Wing, as it's closer to the adult pool and a smaller more intimate beach.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank expectthebest10
Shangri-LaMauritius, General Manager at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to detail all aspects of your recent stay at Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa. We greatly value this constructive feedback.

Whilst we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay in our East coast paradise, we are disappointed to read that unfortunately you found our service inconsistent at times. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. As a Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts property we pride ourselves in luxury five-star service from the moment our guests arrive, whether that be a quick coffee, or simply remembering your breakfast preferences. We are sorry to hear that this was not the case during your stay. Rest-assured, your comments will be addressed internally as we strive to continually improve all that we do on the island.

Your compliments towards Yogesh and Rosario will most certainly be passed on.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope that you will return to our jewel in the Indian Ocean once more, but this time to experience our flawless hospitality from the heart.