Stayed last summer.
Stunning locations. Stayed in the Frangipani wing. 2 suites connected. Rooms were large and spacious and well appointed, as was the bathroom. Nespresso machines in the room, and a basket of fruit on arrival were appreciated.
I especially liked the private island Ilot Mangénie, which involved a quick speedboat trip from the jetty. The island was very quiet and relaxing. A restaurant there meant plenty drinks, food available. Sea urchins meant one needed reef shoes there.
Restaurants were good, reasonable choice available.
What I didn't like about the hotel - small points perhaps, but annoying nonetheless;
1. Very annoying to find guests in neighbouring suites smoking on their balconies. Meant that unless you had all windows closed you would get smoke drifting into your suite at odd times. Would rather the hotel either keep one part of the hotel completely non smoking, so that we could sit on our balcony without having to inhale others' smoke.
2. One late afternoon there was a guest operating a drone for over 2 hours on the beach. He flew the drone low at times, and close to guest rooms, and swimmers. Surprised this was allowed given privacy, safety concerns.
3. Breakfast at La Republik on the beach was very good, except for a large number of stray cats waiting for crumbs at the tables. There were a huge number, and the restaurant should have done more to keep them away, given food was being eaten.
Whilst the setting in stunning and the rooms as good as one could hope for, the hotel felt somewhat impersonal. There wasn't the warm hospitality one receives at many top end hotels. We were never greeted by name by any of the staff as we are at other luxury hotels, resulting in it feeling somewhat impersonal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened on the 1st November after an extensive six month renovation, Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa fuses Shangri-La's renowned hospitality with the resort's legendary history and Mauritian island chic. Located on the untouched Eastern coast of the island nation, Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius is a private hideaway offering luxury surroundings and stunning Indian Ocean scenery. Embodying sophistication and style, all the rooms and suites overlook the sparkling turquoise waters of the ocean. With its secluded private island, extensive beach, and trendy restaurants and bars, the resort is the Mauritian hot spot. Just off the luxury property's shores, Ile aux Cerfs is home to the 18-hole championship golf course designed by the famous pro-golfer Bernhard Langer. From water sports to on-land activities the resort offers a wide range of active experiences that can be custom designed to meet all interests. Relish in renowned traditions, bespoke gastronomic experiences, and holistic wellness. The resort's new, hip and contemporary design complements the indigenous dramatic landscape, delivering the perfect combination of style, sophistication and legend. Escape to an exclusive island retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Touessrok Hotel Trou d`Eau Douce
- Le Touessrok Resort
- Le Touessrok Mauritius
- Le Tousserok