My husband and I have recently returned from our 3rd year anniversary trip at the stunning Four Seasons Seychelles! This is probably the most involved trip we have ever taken, first traveling from the US to South Africa where we spent a week on a safari and in Cape Town, then headed to the Seychelles to spend a week of total relaxation!
We chose the Four Seasons because of the stellar reviews here on TripAdvisor, and being our first time in the Seychelles, we really wanted to stay on Mahe and take day trip from there to the other islands. We are a couple in our early 30’s without children and we knew from past stays at the Four Seasons that it would be an amazing resort with impeccable service! And that it was!
We traveled from Cape Town to Johannesburg then took an Air Seychelles flight into Mahe. The only bump in our trip was that Air Seychelles canceled our flight and re-booked us at a later time, so we lost a night at the Four Seasons. But despite that we were on holiday and nothing was going to ruin our trip. We decided not to use the transfer service from the Four Seasons as it was going to cost about $500 USD, and that was just outrageous to us, so instead we hired a private driver which cost us around $80 USD. They picked us up at the airport and we arrived at 5am at the Four Seasons. On arrival, they were expecting us, and opened the car doors welcoming us by name…what a way to impress right from the start!
The hotel is amazing! From the lobby you can see stunning views of the ocean and the surrounding hills leading into the ocean! It was breathtaking. The resort itself is modern and crisp, as we expected it would be! We were taken to our room by buggy and my jaw dropped when I saw our lovely room! WOW! The villas are built into the landscape of the hills surrounded by lush vegetation. We booked an ocean view villa and stayed in Villa 501. The villa itself was perfect. The deck is huge with a cabana, sundeck and the most amazing plunge pool I have ever seen….I mean it was just perfect. I never expected to get such an amazing view of the ocean; it was more than I had hoped for! The outdoor shower had a deck that led to the pool, and the large deep bathtub overlooked the pool, both with spectacular ocean views!
I could go on and on about how beautiful this place is, but you can see yourself from the pictures. What really sets the Four Seasons apart is the service! We took a buggy almost everywhere and although I was hesitant about this at first, they always arrived a few minutes after we called and they were present 24 hours a day, willing to take you anywhere on the resort. The staff driving the buggies are so friendly and kind, always smiling and willing to help in any way! There are 2 restaurants and a sushi bar. I loved breakfast as it always came with a view of the ocean and a wide variety of food to choose from. We enjoyed the Creole buffet night, which was really entertaining with dancers and music, as well as the Indian and Japanese Buffets. We also ate off the resort at two restaurants, Anse Soleil and Maria’s Rock Café, both of which I highly recommend. I thought that it would be difficult to get to these restaurants but again, the Four Seasons just excels in service, and provided us with transportation to and from both restaurants! Selwyn was the main concierge and saw to it that all of our requests were met.
The beach is stunning with white, powdery sand and blue waters that are easily swimmable. The beach was a bit crowded at one end, closer to the bar/restaurant/pool area, but there were plenty of spaces open further down the beach and even though you are away from the beach bar, the staff would still come down often to take your order, offer you a free pitcher of water, and often free refreshing drinks. I also liked that there were chairs off the sand a bit, into the shade, which gave more privacy. We didn’t really spend a lot of time at the resort pool, as there were always a good amount of kids, but that didn’t bother us because that’s what our private plunge pool was for!
There is also an activity center at the beach were you can get snorkel gear, kayak’s and learn to paddle board. I was most excited that there was a PADI dive center on site, as I am a new diver. I booked a morning dive but I was a bit nervous, as this would be my first dive as a certified diver. The staff reassured me and we were picked up by boat and taken on a short trip away to our dive site. I was joined by 5 other divers and an instructor who knew I was new at this and he was very supportive and encouraging the whole trip. It was great, we saw sharks, a turtle and an abundance of sea life!
We took 2 day trips, one to Victoria and Moyenne, and the other to Praslin and La Digue. We booked both trips easily through the concierge at the Four Seasons. Both tours were private although we initially booked a group tour to Praslin and La Digue, it was canceled the night before by the outside tour company. We received a call at 8pm that our trip had been canceled due to too few numbers and we were so disappointed because we thought we were not going to be able to take the trip. But the Four Seasons pulled through for us and within 30 minutes Claudia had a full private trip booked for us the next day!! I was so impressed! Here it was at 8pm and she found us transport and guides for the full trip the next day…I mean from being picked up at the Four Seasons to Victoria where we caught Cat Cacos over to Praslin, and from there a guide was waiting on us to take us to Valee De Mai then to Anse Laizo. From there we caught the ferry to La Digue where another guide met us… it really was remarkable! Thank you Claudia!
The Spa was fantastic! It is the highest point of the resort and we spent 2 sunsets here. Now we had an amazing sunset view in our Villa, but the view from the spa is not to be missed! It was very quiet and only a few others were up there at sunset. It is very peaceful and relaxing. We actually had 2 couple’s massages there, and the hot shell massage was the best I had ever had!
Lastly, our Anniversary Dinner on the beach. It was perfect in every way! We were transported to the beach at sunset where we relaxed prior to dinner. We pre-ordered our dinner from a choice of 3 menus. The dinner was fantastic and there was so much food! The sunset was beautiful and it was the picture-perfect way to spend our Anniversary. At the end we had a fabulous surprise to light lanterns in the sky. Now this completely amazed me as it has special meaning to both my husband and I of memories of the Loy Krathong festival in Thailand the year before. I was so excited that we would be able to symbolically celebrate our anniversary by lighting the lanterns and reflecting on our past years together and make a wish for our future! And our waiter, Buddha gladly took tons of pictures as we shared this special time!
The Four Seasons Seychelles was everything we expected and more! There were more kids and fewer couples than I have experienced at other Four Seasons resorts but it is still incredibly romantic with a stunning beach, spectacular views, and our course outstanding people and service that makes the Four Seasons stand out above the rest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island - Baie Lazare