US$116
US$84
US$107
US$129
Travelocity
Allen's Budget Motel(Watertown)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Restaurant
Relax Inn(Watertown)
US$56
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2015

The room was cheap, we booked with 1 day notice...only place with open rooms...now we know why!
First inkling this was a really BAD move...The place was falling apart. But we checked in anyway .
Things got worse & worse.
There were people hanging out on the 2nd floor balcony--obviously drunk & still drinking. Filthy clothes on. Staring at a family that was getting out of a car with Canadian plates & making lewd gestures at them.
Really gross & inappropriate behavior.
We had booked mobility impaired room. Nope. Second floor. Not only no elevator , but outside rickety stairs that shook when we stepped on them.
Then the room. OMG. The doorknob FELL OFF WHEN WE TRIED TO UNLOCK THE DOOR!! Had to kick the door open like something out of a bad cop movie. We were sorry we bothered. The room was FILTHY. Bugs & dirt everywhere. A giant bug of some sort flew by my head and out the door--he must have been as scared as me!
Went to the hotel office & complained--the owner? manager? LAUGHED & said "We will fix the door tomorrow" and walked away!!
He was obviously surprised when I said I wasn't staying in a filthy room without a doorknob .
He didn't want to refund me...insisted I had to take another room..well, I agreed. Second room was worse than the first--even dirtier, and the SMELL!
I went back to the office and DEMANDED a refund. After threatening to call police, he refunded me.
We slept in our car...showered at a state park...
The next day, another person at the same event who was local told us that local social services agency uses it as a halfway house for drug addicts and sex offendersbecause it is cheap!
You get what you pay for I guess

Room Tip: Sleep in your car...or in a ditch...it would be safer & cleaner.
Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
10  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Staying at this motel was like stepping back in time - to the 1980s. Decor and furniture was dated and the TV was an old one - at least it was color and had a remote. And the room did have a working air conditioner.
The towels were slightly threadbare and there were only two bath towels and two washcloths - no hand towel. The sink was an old type and the water pressure was very low in both the sink and tub. The tub had rust spots on the bottom and messy caulking on the sides. The hot water took a long time to get to the faucet and it would come and go while using the shower. The sheets were scratchy and the pillows were lumpy. There was a small refrigerator (that we had to plug in) and a microwave (that we didn't use.) There was no coffee maker and no ice bucket, both of which I missed having. We stayed two nights (Friday to Sunday) and after being gone all day on Saturday, we returned to a room that had not been serviced - beds unmade, wet towels, etc. They did give my husband clean towels when he when down to the office and they did apologize. It seems they "forgot."
The only good things were the location - right on Route 12, just off Route 81, close to both Clayton and Alexandria Bay - and the price ($40 a night). However, as I told my husband who had booked this room based on the price, money isn't everything. At least it was clean and had no bugs. It was worth the price - $40 - but no more. I will not stay here again. My comfort is worth more.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank katden92
Reviewed 22 June 2015

The most horrible hotel in my life! Everything is disgusting: microwave all dirty, the refrigerator doesn't cool at all and the towels and bedsheets are nasty!!! Please, if you can stay in other place and want to enjoy your vacation do NOT stay here!!!!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 13 January 2015

I would not recommend this motel to any person OR animal. It was absolutely disgusting. After traveling in a snowstorm, this was the first motel that was seen, so we pulled over and checked in. Upon entering the room there was a tile falling out of the ceiling, cigarette butts in the toilet, and a funky smell. But it was 2am, and there was a snowstorm... so tried to just overlook those things. THEN laying in bed, BUGS crawled around. Not Just One. THERE WAS TONS! SO we went down to the front desk WITH a couple of the bugs to prove to management how gross it was. To my dismay management would NOT refund, nor did they seem surprised or to even care that they had unhappy customers, OR bugs.
I have done a LOT of traveling in my life, and this is hands down the WORST motel or hotel I have ever stayed at. After leaving, I slept in from of a store in my car for a couple hours before heading back on the road. I would rather sleep in a car than that disgusting motel.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank MandySue101
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I would go to this quiet motel especially because they have wonderful and caring manager along with his family . I loved it and so did my hubby . They were very helpful and kind. I especially like the fact that Alexa Bay was only 10 minutes away from us .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple