“Dirty & Disgusting - Don't stay here!!!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed 30 August 2017

My husband and 2 kids (9 & 5) decided to stop driving for the night (heading back to Canada) and checked into the EconoLodge at 1030 Arsenal St, Watertown, NY, around 11:30 pm Saturday August 26, 2017. We received the last non-smoking room # 210, I have to say I have never been so uncomfortable in a hotel room in my life. The room was disgustingly dirty, I wouldn’t even let my kids take their shoes off (because I wasn’t going barefoot on the carpet and kept socks on in the bed), there was garbage in the drawers, food (at least that’s what I think it was) caked to the table and night table, a huge blackish stain on the sheets of one of the beds bigger than the palm of my hand and a bright fluorescent orange ear plug right on top of the night table. We called other hotels and everything was full so we had no choice but to sleep here. This was a horrible last night of our vacation, I was crying because I was letting my kids sleep somewhere where I didn’t even want to touch anything and my poor husband was comforting me saying “it’s OK just go to sleep, we’re leaving in the morning”. No sympathy at the front desk, she didn’t seem to care except for stating “I guess we’re not get a good recommendation”.

The sign pulling into the parking lot says “Our standards are high and our prices are low”, the sign is obviously wrong, because there is absolutely no standards if all of the rooms are like this. I would never stay here again and never recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jevon Y, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us, and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The pictures advertised were not the rooms they had, this place may have been updated but it was no time recent, the rooms were musty, they left one half of a roll of toilet paper on the dispenser in the bathroom with no spare. The staff was friendly enough and luckily we had plans the three days we were in town that put us out of here. The only good about this place is the pool, our family was able to enjoy the pool in the evening and for a couple
Minutes before showering and turning in for the night... stay at any of the other places, I would never suggest this place!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I'm sure they have been written by friends & relations as this place is the pits. So tired & dated. The first room shown didn't need the key as one push & the door opened all by itself, the receptionist couldn't have cared less. The bed linen was crappy & bathroom spooky. Of course the plug in the sink leaked like a sieve. The continental breakfast was adequate but once again the room had a lot to be desired. Keep driving.

Room Tip: No elevator for handicapped guests
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 July 2017

While traveling through, I tried to check in to the local Comfort In and Suites, since I'm a member of the Choice Hotels loyalty program, but they were booked up. So I found a room at this Econo Lodge instead (also part of the Choice Hotels chain). It's a budget hotel, I didn't have really high expectations, but I must say this one exceeded my expectations. The furnishings were slightly dated, but clean. There was a comfy armchair to watch TV in. My window looked out over a huge, beautiful lawn with residences off in the distance and mule deer (!) grazing on the low-hanging vegetation. It was quiet and comfortable and I slept like a baby. What more can you ask for for less than a hundred bucks?

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Priscilla F, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Property CHI
Econo Lodge
315-782-5500

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Don't expect much. Motel is very dated. Rooms were ok but again decor Das dated. Star were nice but show. Price was in the budget range $70-$80 for a 2 bed room. Would probably not stay here again if I didn't have to.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family