US$116
US$107
ComfortInn
US$84
US$129
Allen's Budget Motel(Watertown)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Restaurant
Relax Inn(Watertown)
US$56
All reviewsnew fixturesbudget hotelcontinental breakfastshort staycerealhighway
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I don't usually write bad reviews, but this place is definitely traveler beware! I should have heeded the first red flag when funds were deducted from my debit card immediately after reservation was made (2 weeks in advance of travel date!). 2nd red flag: check-in clerk made it very clear she was not happy with her job. 3rd red flag: posted sign said no discounts could be applied at check out. I had forgotten to mention my AARP discount when I made reservation. I asked to apply it at check-in and clerk said no since the funds had already been applied (see red flag #1). I protested to no satisfactory solution and proceeded to get room anyway. Upon entering room, it was really clean, it's only saving grace! It was all downhill from there! The walls are paper thin making noise from other guests amplified. Both the room A/C unit and bathroom fans are so loud, it was difficult having a normal conversation if either were running. Upon return to room late afternoon the 1st day, the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and was told the cleaning crew had left for the day and I got blamed for posting the do not disturb sign on door, which didn't happen! The owner was called and I observed him cleaning the room himself (kudos to him!). After a long day visiting family, it was time to relax in front of the tv for a bit before retiring for the evening. The tv channels were few, not the standard cable channels, and was fuzzier than antenna tv in the 70's!
There are plenty of other hotels in the area from which to choose, so your best bet is to do so! This wasn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, but I will exercise my options whenever I return to the area!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Econo Y, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us, and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

There are two places on property: Econo Lodge and Adirondack Efficiencies. Because we had pets, we stayed at the Efficiency location. The owner could have a gold mind here if they would just update the place. The room is spacious and clean. It has a large sofa, a kitchen with a stove, coffee maker, microwave, and fridge. The only downfall is the rooms haven't been updated since the 1980's. They are very old and dated. There are issues with wallpaper, ceiling, flooring, etc. I really would like to give it a higher rating, but it was just old and needs work. Wifi worked terrific, and the location was perfect. The cable/satellite left a great deal to be desired. You only got about 10 channels and some of those cut in and out. With a little TLC, better channel offerings, we might consider returning.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Econo Y, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Reviewed 19 September 2017

it seems like when someone is traveling on a long vacation that you sometimes find the hotel you'd want to forget and this is it.Hotel is in a different building from lobby.If it was not for the fact that we were so tired we would have left.Needless to say we got up early,had the breakfast and left.Worst hotel by far on a eleven day vacation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We almost left once we saw our rooms and the area. However, we were tired from driving and touring and the door did have a dead bolt lock. Stale smell in room, flickering fluorescent light above the desk, tiny counter space in bathroom. Carpet and drapes were soiled. The breakfast area was in the wing we were staying, and it was better than the rooms would indicate. We did not use the pool area, * Note: the office/check in area is in a completely different building.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Econo Y, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My husband and 2 kids (9 & 5) decided to stop driving for the night (heading back to Canada) and checked into the EconoLodge at 1030 Arsenal St, Watertown, NY, around 11:30 pm Saturday August 26, 2017. We received the last non-smoking room # 210, I have to say I have never been so uncomfortable in a hotel room in my life. The room was disgustingly dirty, I wouldn’t even let my kids take their shoes off (because I wasn’t going barefoot on the carpet and kept socks on in the bed), there was garbage in the drawers, food (at least that’s what I think it was) caked to the table and night table, a huge blackish stain on the sheets of one of the beds bigger than the palm of my hand and a bright fluorescent orange ear plug right on top of the night table. We called other hotels and everything was full so we had no choice but to sleep here. This was a horrible last night of our vacation, I was crying because I was letting my kids sleep somewhere where I didn’t even want to touch anything and my poor husband was comforting me saying “it’s OK just go to sleep, we’re leaving in the morning”. No sympathy at the front desk, she didn’t seem to care except for stating “I guess we’re not get a good recommendation”.

The sign pulling into the parking lot says “Our standards are high and our prices are low”, the sign is obviously wrong, because there is absolutely no standards if all of the rooms are like this. I would never stay here again and never recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jevon Y, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017