andBeyond Mnemba Island
US$254
US$178
Agoda.com
Travelocity
Waikiki Zanzibar Resort(Pwani Mchangani)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsother gueststhe managersswimming with dolphinsour honeymoonfishopen aireach morningturquoise watereach eveningrustic luxuryonce in a lifetimesundowner cocktailstail endwear shortsindian oceanbarefoot luxurylocal wildlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Me and my friend stayed on Mnemba Island in September 2017. If I would choose the best beach in the Zanzibar archipelago, I would definitely go for Mnemba. It gives you the privacy, beauty and exclusivity.

The place is unique and the bandas are unique as well. I saw some complains in reviews regarding the birds, that are disturbing in such an open space. But I think people should remember it is a protected area and it is so special not because of its price or luxurious service. It is special beacuse of the nature around. I loved the sound of birds and felt like I was Robinson Crusoe, but in super comfortable conditions.

The food was great, the chef followed all our requests and was very attentive. Don't forget to try local seafood! I even couldn't refuse to taste the dessert, because it had zanzibari cardamom flavour.

I really loved how they made the bandas. They are attached to the tropical forest and it gives you the feeling you are a part of the wild nature. Beds are really comfortable, no one will disturb you. You might not even see your neighbours during your stay. It is not for party people though:)

I would reccommend this property to people who wants to have a real beach escape far from worries and stress.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lesia K
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Was it all a dream? The most exceptional, luxurious and amazing place we've ever been to! From the transfer at the airport and the speed boat to the island you are picked up and transported in luxury. When you arrive you need to pinch yourself it's perfect.
You are made to feel so welcome by Andy, Scott and the rest of their team you feel like you are in a bubble of paradise.
The food is exquisite, fresh and so well made. They catered for gluten and dairy intolerance so well and always made sure we had everything we needed (and more!).
They have thought of everything and it's the small details in the rooms and at your huts that set it apart from anywhere else we've been. Photos don't do it justice as you can't replicate just how amazing the place makes you feel!

Big thanks to Sufi in the dive centre who was THE BEST teacher and so fun to be around!
We were also so lucky to see baby turtles hatching TWICE during our visit!

If you ever get the opportunity to go here - YOU MUST. See it to believe it. This place is as close to heaven as you can get.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Ross P
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I loved the White Island sands and the clear, clean water. It's absolutely amazing. Couples can have lunch table set up for them. I loved the fact that it wasn't full of people and saw dolphins swimming in a pack it was so lovely to see

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank 967kamol
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I forgot to review this place and wasn't offered the month May 2016. It had just reopened after a refurbishment and all I can say is WOW. This must me the epitome of bare foot chic. Just incredible on every level. The rooms. The service. The food. The laying eggs. The snorkeling. Just felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glynda K
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I would like to thank you all the amazing people that makes this amazing and special place so memorable!!!
The Lodge is wonderful, the rooms so beautiful and clean, the food is delicious and the beach speechless!
The attention to details is so perfect! And you have the impression that you are the only guests in the Island! It is perfect for romance!
Just a special thank you to our butler, Patrice and the amazing therapist that did an amazing Massage during our stay!
Hope to see all you soon!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple