“Great idea, right at the base of Watkins Glen state park”
Review of Mr Chicken - CLOSED

Mr Chicken
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 5 October 2016

When you're on vacation and eating most meals out, finding something that is casual, fast and inexpensive, thats not 'fast food' was a nice surprise. That's Mr. Chicken! Conveniently located across the street from entrance of Watkins Glen state park. We got the whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces, seasoning is a little salty but good. Its broasted like chicken, not fried, which they tell you right up front. Came with biscuits and we ordered a small cole slaw which was more than enough for 2 people. We even had enough left over for a small picnic lunch at another state park the next day. 2 meals for $20 was a bargain! My husband was impressed that the young lady behind the counter used an old fashioned order pad and didn't need a calculator to add up our bill! That reminds me, I think they also only took cash, but at those prices shouldn't be a problem. Note: they also sold cold chicken for picnic lunches.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

I was really looking forward to having a nice lunch at this nostalgic roadside restaurant . All I can say is the chicken was overdone , dry and tasteless . I was in a hurry and did not complain but I would have expected it to be edible . I may try it again as I would like to think it was an anomaly . Hopefully they read their reviews and make the food quality more consistent.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I had the 1/4 chicken and biscuit with gravy, which was an ample portion of food. The chicken was moist and plentiful; the biscuit was good, mashed potatoes were fine too. The gravy was decent, and overall a nice meal. Good value for the money.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Went here for lunch after hiking. Convenient location across from Watkins Glen Park. The Philly cheese steak was good but over priced for the very small portion that you get. The chicken tenders were good as well as the sauces, but again, very over priced for the portions. Come down 30% in price and I'll come back.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Recommended by Track Officials at Watkins Glen Raceway. Both my partner & I had the half chicken plate with fries and homemade coleslaw. About $8.50. Chicken was tender, juicy yet completely cooked. Line up was out the door and it was mostly locals. Highly recommend this resto. Order at counter and take to your table.