“Great experience! ”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had the pleasure of having dinner at Papiamento on our last evening in Aruba! Atmosphere very welcoming and quite a beautiful setting tucked behind the walls. Our server was wonderful, very personable. Food was AMAZING! I had read a few of the reviews beforehand and can honestly say that we experienced nothing but great food and service. Food was served hot and very quick! Would highly recommend. Our party included 9 adults and 2 children. You won’t be disappointed. Would definitely recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,945)

Reviewed 28 March 2018

An awesome up-scale restaurant. A little pricey, but I can't say it wasn't worth it. Service was was as excellent as the food!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My wife & I joined two friends for dinner at Papiamento's. We had made reservations months ago to ensure we would eat here. Our friend's have raved about this restaurant and wanted us to experience this special place first hand.

I was awestruck when I entered the restaurant. The tables arranged around the pool area was breathtaking. The tropical garden surrounding the dining area added to the beauty. After the sun went down and the white lights illuminated the pool and white tablecloth tables, it was more stunning. An incredible atmosphere to relax and enjoy.

My friend introduced me to Eduardo Sr. He and his wife opened the restaurant in 1983 and have since handed off management to his son, Eduardo Jr. Eduardo Jr is the head chef. He also stopped at our table to welcome us and chat a couple of times during the evening.

I could go on and on about the restaurant atmosphere but let me tell you about the food. It's as incredible as the setting. We first had drinks at the small bar at one end of the main dining room, while our table was prepared. This is where Eduardo Sr sits smoking his cigar(s) and watching patrons enjoy themselves in his restaurant.

We moved to our table within 15 minutes of arriving. Tables for two surround the pool. Larger tables are off poolside, within 10-15 feet of the pool. We immediately ordered more drinks. We were in no rush to eat. You must slow yourself down and enjoy the moment.

We carefully reviewed the menu. My wife selected one of their nightly specials, an herb covered roasted chicken. My friend's wife ordered the Neptune dish of rock lobster, mahi-mahi and shrimp. My friend ordered Mero Limon, pan-broiled grouper with a lime and caper cream sauce. I ordered the Champagne Casserole, fillets of fish, scallops & crab poached in a creamy sauce with Dutch cheese au gratin. All four meals were excellent. This could have been the best meal I've had in years. I could not have been more pleased. My wife ordered the bread pudding for dessert which she loved.

One other comment that must be made is about the staff & service. Numerous times during the evening staff stopped to inquire how we were doing and if we needed anything. We felt very special with all the attention given us. And, it was not just us. This is how everyone is treated. Impeccable service.

If you go to Aruba, you must experience Papiamentos. The atmosphere along with the incredible food make it my #1 pick in Aruba. I can't wait until we return.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

My business partners and I had an amazing dining experience here. The four of us sat at the elevated table overlooking the the beautiful blue pool. The team service was excellent. The food was to die for. The wine was a hit.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We once again returned to Papiamentos for about our 15th time. Food is unique, especially on the Stone and the service is superb! I guarantee you will enjoy this restaurant. The atmosphere is phenomenal!