EcoHotel(Talca)
US$79
US$75
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

US$70
US$100
US$87
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$99
US$85
  • Pool
US$69
Hostal del Centro(Talca)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$56
US$54
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2017

The first room that they gave me had a bathroom outside of the room, in the hallway. I let that slide because the price was quite low, but the bathroom's door didn't lock! When I mentioned this to their staff, she first tried to repair the door in the middle of the night and then just sort of shrugged it off. Finally, after I mentioned that this could not possibly be legal, she offered me to change rooms, but only if I agreed to pay the extra cost of the other room. I did, and they moved me to a room that had a clogged sink (which they blamed "the Argentinians" for) and water heating so bad that I had to call the front-desk person again in the morning to get it to work. I had to wait for about 15 minutes with the water running to get hot water.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel altogether
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Stella is the expansion of this group's previous business, a hostel with cabinas under the same Stella name. The facility is new and very well considered. layout is very good. The Breakfast Room is pleasant, and there is a nice lounge area on the first floor. There are seventeen rooms with modern decor. What is most special about Stella are the staff, who worked very hard to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. They are by far the most helpful and professional we have met in Chile.

Room Tip: There is no lift, so if you are infirm, first floor is best.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sergei P
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Room was cosy, clean and warm (electric heater although fire facilities were in the room). Really lovely little cabin. Excellent value for money. Breakfast was better than average backpacker haunts! WiFi didn't work well in our cabin, although worked infrequently. The staff are the real stars of the show here; extremely friendly and hospitable. We arrived late and Manuel instantly offered us something to eat from the kitchen. My partner and I speak very little Spanish and Manuel spoke no English, but he was extremely chatty and more than patient with our Spanish. He really was so helpful and ordered us a taxi to the bus station which would have been a nightmare if we had been left to it with our English phones and bad Spanish!

Really lovely place, shame about Talca itself (not a lot to see) but we used Hostel Stella as a base to visit the National Park which was only 1 and half hours away from Talca. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: ask where the WiFi works best!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank izmcel
Reviewed 12 February 2015

The city of Talca is not particularly interesting, but is an excellent jumping off point to explore the area. I extended my stay at this hotel to do so and connected with Frank Holl, a local guide whose clients often include Hotel Stella guests.

I was immediately struck by the pleasing design of this hotel, and it lived up to my expectations in terms of comfort, location and friendly owners and staff.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and the guiding services of Frank Holl.

Room Tip: I had a room on the main floor and slept well every night.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank poplarNewfoundland
Reviewed 17 December 2014

New small hotel, room somewhat small, but adequate, clean, comfy bed, good A/C. Easy, flat 10 minute walk into town center for restaurants, shops, market. Breakfasts were very good in a clean, well appointed serving room. WiFi was intermittent in 2nd floor room, but strong in lobby and breakfast area. Christian provided very accommodating service and attention. He honored the lower price of our reservation at Stella Cabanas Bordersteros when that facility was unavailable. His English was appreciated to compensate for our lack in Spanish! We enjoyed our stay, although Talca is not a tourist destination, other than wine tours which are closed on weekends as is most of the city!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple