Rodos Star Hotel
Karmik Concept Pension(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$88
Georgia Apartments(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$55
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

US$72
Villa Olive Grove(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$41
Golden Days Hotel(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Pool
US$55
Orbitz.com
Helgas Paradise(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$53
TripAdvisor
Oasis Hotel Bungalows Rhodes(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$298
Hotels.com
US$246
US$174
US$169
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

1,122 results
All reviewssteep hillair congreek nightold blockpool barnext yearbrother and sistergyrostake your timerhodes townmain bargreat holidaythe hotel shophotel ownercleaning ladiesa family run hotelboat trip to lindos
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This is a basic 3 star, with everything you need, the owner and staff are friendly and helpful. It is clean, with a small pool with lots of sun loungers which can be moved anywhere around the property. We were very impressed with the food, but if by the end of the week it did start to seem a little repetitiive, techically different meals but with same ingredients/tastes.

It is on top of a steep hill, but if you are fairly fit and healthy it isn't a hard walk. The only problem we found with the hill is being last/first for airport transfers so would advise making inquiries before you travel about the length of the transfer as package holiday companies tend to keep this quiet! It is only about 20 min direct to the airport, but our transfer was 2hours! We complained and it was half the time on the way back.

Room Tip: We had room 309 and it was much bigger than our friends next door in 310, but theirs was also nice.
Reviewed 25 October 2011

returned from the rodos star on the 10th of october and have to say it was a very pleasant experience,staff friendly,and all spoke quite good english,food was good and varied always something different to try,but does pay to eat early,ours was an early morning flight and arrived late afternoon after a brief check in we were taken to the pool bar where "tassoss"the owner had oganised some food and a drink most welcome as we had skipped at least one meal,the hotel is situated on a cardiac hill that i wouldn't have tackled in the hight of summer,but a nice-ish 10 min' walk down to the village and a hellish 30 min' trek back up...oxygen would have helped at the halfway point i kid you not tho' can't complain as we were aware befor we booked so if you want a quiet pool side break i dont think you could go far wrong at the rodos well not at least for the money we payed which was about £250 for a week all inclusive

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank terrynjune
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have just back from Rodos Star Hotel and I have to say that it wasnt amazing stay,rooms are tired and dirty, espescially bathrooms I was staying for 7 nights, but nobody cleaned the floor in the bathroom during our stay!
Food wasnt bad but could be better for sure, if you staying for a few days you cant eat always same things!
Good thing is for sure staff, huge thx to Nick and amazing two girls from restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank 186525Martin
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I aim to be as honest as I can. Lets get the negatives out of the way-I don't eat meat & sometimes I felt a bit restricted with what I could eat, there was fish, but same type each serving, but the chef did make it different every time. I didn't starve & the dishes were varied with lots of different salads. Far more positives. Very friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. The waitresses are lovely - don't believe they are treated badly as previous review said. They were very sad they had to go home to Romania as end of season, they said they were treated like part of the family. they cleared your plates as soon as you are finished ready for you to get a clean plate for your next helping, will miss their "your welcome". The owner, his sister The Manager & all the staff seem very proud of the hotel. Very clean, beds changed each day & had clean towels. Had a bath as well as a overhead shower, but hot water a little limited. We never went on holiday to get bladdered every night, but the ouzo left us tipsy most nights. Afandou is a lovely Greek village & we thoroughly enjoyed their festival one evening. The Hill - I am in my 50's & overweight but I loved stretching my legs and walking it. was nowhere near as difficult as I thought it would be. Got caught up in the Industrial action by Greek air traffic controllers & had to come home a day early, wish I could have been stranded there like some of the other guests. we had to miss our evening meal to get to the airport but the chef made us a meal early especially for us - thanks. Excellent value for money.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

We have just come back today from this hotel after 2 weeks,and I am amazed at all the good reviews I read before going there as thats what we go by,all the reviews were very good about food etc,well I am being very honest when I say there must be another Rodos Star hotel in Afandou,because the one we stayed at was not good at all,its in need of a lot of work doing to refurbish it ,its very tired in certain areas ,the bedrooms are very basic and old ,the mattresses are very poor to sleep on,and the bathrooms are not very good either.And while we were there the water was warm not hot,.
The food was at best "warm " at each meal,bordering cold,and the selection was very poor, to say it was a small hotel and not 100s to cater for, The sweet selection was also very poor Jelly,and water melon,lunch time and evening it was 2 more sweets but always the same each night.People were ordering Pizzas etc from takeaways the food that poor truly
The drinks well what can I say you could be drinking whiskey or what ever ALL night and still be sober,I did !!! ,they give very poor measures out ,but as the evening goes on and the bar staff have there share of shots of ouzo or whatever (and they have a lot really ) they do get a bit better.
It was by far the worst hotel we have been in,and the village is a dump really,nothing like we saw on videos on the web,all I can say is they were filmed years ago,and the Hill getting to the beach is a KILLER to come back up even for the young ones there is nothing there at all,I would not reccomend this hotel at all to anyone I am giving you an honest review of it, the staff are nice and the ladies who clean the rooms are wonderful thats about all I can say thats good SORRY !!!!!,and please DO NOT GO WITH OLYMPIC Holidays they are AWFUL !!!!!!,all I can say now is please believe me when I say it was bad !!!!

Room Tip: Dont know of any good rooms
5  Thank Elstub