“Small hotel big heart”
Review of Rodos Star Hotel

Rodos Star Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Well whay can i say. This hotel is not in the ideal spot but its so easy to get around the area its not a problem for me (except the hill waked it not fun unless going down) taxi cost me 5 euro from village rank . I usually spend my Holiday in a big all inc hotel so this was new to me. The truth the Hotel is a very good 3 star i have stayed in worse 4 star places. What makes it? the staff, the food , the quietness and the attentive nature of every body guests too, you will find. Rooms are basic but clean. I have never felt so at home away. I appologise to all the hard working polite staff and owners because I will be back. Thanks for a wonderful break Rodos Super Star.

Tony and I say sorry for hogging kari lol greek night very good vever had barbie gut was told that goo too Tassos you owe me a barbie .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank justus50s

Reviewed 27 October 2011

This is a basic 3 star, with everything you need, the owner and staff are friendly and helpful. It is clean, with a small pool with lots of sun loungers which can be moved anywhere around the property. We were very impressed with the food, but if by the end of the week it did start to seem a little repetitiive, techically different meals but with same ingredients/tastes.

It is on top of a steep hill, but if you are fairly fit and healthy it isn't a hard walk. The only problem we found with the hill is being last/first for airport transfers so would advise making inquiries before you travel about the length of the transfer as package holiday companies tend to keep this quiet! It is only about 20 min direct to the airport, but our transfer was 2hours! We complained and it was half the time on the way back.

Room Tip: We had room 309 and it was much bigger than our friends next door in 310, but theirs was also nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2011

returned from the rodos star on the 10th of october and have to say it was a very pleasant experience,staff friendly,and all spoke quite good english,food was good and varied always something different to try,but does pay to eat early,ours was an early morning flight and arrived late afternoon after a brief check in we were taken to the pool bar where "tassoss"the owner had oganised some food and a drink most welcome as we had skipped at least one meal,the hotel is situated on a cardiac hill that i wouldn't have tackled in the hight of summer,but a nice-ish 10 min' walk down to the village and a hellish 30 min' trek back up...oxygen would have helped at the halfway point i kid you not tho' can't complain as we were aware befor we booked so if you want a quiet pool side break i dont think you could go far wrong at the rodos well not at least for the money we payed which was about £250 for a week all inclusive

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank terrynjune
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have just back from Rodos Star Hotel and I have to say that it wasnt amazing stay,rooms are tired and dirty, espescially bathrooms I was staying for 7 nights, but nobody cleaned the floor in the bathroom during our stay!
Food wasnt bad but could be better for sure, if you staying for a few days you cant eat always same things!
Good thing is for sure staff, huge thx to Nick and amazing two girls from restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank 186525Martin
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I aim to be as honest as I can. Lets get the negatives out of the way-I don't eat meat & sometimes I felt a bit restricted with what I could eat, there was fish, but same type each serving, but the chef did make it different every time. I didn't starve & the dishes were varied with lots of different salads. Far more positives. Very friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. The waitresses are lovely - don't believe they are treated badly as previous review said. They were very sad they had to go home to Romania as end of season, they said they were treated like part of the family. they cleared your plates as soon as you are finished ready for you to get a clean plate for your next helping, will miss their "your welcome". The owner, his sister The Manager & all the staff seem very proud of the hotel. Very clean, beds changed each day & had clean towels. Had a bath as well as a overhead shower, but hot water a little limited. We never went on holiday to get bladdered every night, but the ouzo left us tipsy most nights. Afandou is a lovely Greek village & we thoroughly enjoyed their festival one evening. The Hill - I am in my 50's & overweight but I loved stretching my legs and walking it. was nowhere near as difficult as I thought it would be. Got caught up in the Industrial action by Greek air traffic controllers & had to come home a day early, wish I could have been stranded there like some of the other guests. we had to miss our evening meal to get to the airport but the chef made us a meal early especially for us - thanks. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
4.5 km away
0.3 km away
Iris Hotel
Iris Hotel
#7 of 18 in Afandou

Been to Rodos Star Hotel? Share your experiences!