“The Rodos Star is a star hotel.”
Review of Rodos Star Hotel

Rodos Star Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
Reviewed 23 May 2009

My wife and myself have just spent a week at The Rodos Star and we had a lovely week. All the staff were very friendly and helpfull. The young lady on Reception was very friendly and helpfull, if we needed any information she would do her upmost to help us. David, the lad from Poland, who works the Pool Bar and helps out wherever he can was a lovely guy and very friendly.The food was good. We only saw about 4 Cockroaches, and they were all outside the building. Admitedly there was only 2 problems, the hill (Cardiac Hill) as it is known. I am disabled and I could not manage to walk up it. There was no entertainment, as the season has not properly started yet, so there was only us and 2 other couples. We thought the views from the hotel were fantastic. Thankyou to all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 May 2009

I stayed in Rodaos Star with my mum and a year old daughter.Hotel location is on a quite high hill and we had problem to reach the place with the pushchair-Hotel not for people with young children.Distance to the beach 30min of good walk not 15 min as I was told,beach dirty and unattended!The closest beach is Faliraki beach-takes 10min by cab £10,don't count on buses they come late or are very crowded.Rooms are very basic,rooms on the first floor are more spacious and modern then on the ground floor.Staff was very busy and not very helpfull,except two Russian girls trying their best.
Food was very simple and you had to que to get it or eat whatever was left!Drinks were of a very poor quality(spirits,soft drinks and juices),coke was a similar taste as cheap supermarket cola,juices meant squash and water,awful!They have advertised coffee and cookie time on their board by the restaurant main entarance when I asked they didn't know what I am talking about so I gave up.Maids were nice,but they were not very helpful,after couple of days I asked them only to change towels and take the rubbish.I would never come back,Faliraki is a better choice specially for families and older people.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Kasia2009
Reviewed 19 September 2008

I have just returned from a week's all inclusive holiday at Rodos Star. Contrary to the way this holiday is advertised,the staff are very surly, unfriendly and in some instances downright rude. (with the exception of two very nice, hard working Russian girls).Situated at the top of a really steep hill so not suitable for anyone who isn't physically fit. We arrived early hours of morning to be greeted by a bad tempered, unhelpful member of staff & had to find our rooms in the dark with steps to negotiate. Other guest with disability actuall fell and were treated with no respect or apology.Rooms not too bad but rather shabby and dated. Food was unspectacular. All inclusive drinks, etc were of poor quality and strictly limited as to times, bar closed at 11.00 exactly and you couldn't order a drink until you had brought back the empty glass from the first one. All in all not a pleasant experience and I certainly would never go back to that hotel or recommend it to anyone. It would have been ok as a cheap alternative but we paid £400+ for a week of disappointment. Reasonable pool area but beach a taxi ride or long walk.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank celestineNW
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Lets start on a positive note, our room was clean and the maids who are polite come in every day to make your bed and give you fresh towels, my boyfriends parents room was a lot smaller and a bit tatty compared to ours so luck of the draw really, we were in 109, they were in 106.

The young girls are lovely who work in the restaurant and around the pool bar.

There are plenty of sun lounges and the pool is kept clean and it's quite a good size.

Now the negatives!!!!

Its on a huge hill, fine to walk down, but going back up, it's a challenge (not good in heels girls!) However if you're in the little village, you can get a taxi back for 5 euro if your having a lazy day. From the village you can get into rhodes for 2 euro and Lindos for 3 euro, it's very cheap! Also you can get into Faleraki and the water park on a bus, it's a lot cheaper than your rep.

The food erm... not that great, there was something for all i suppose. I recommend getting up for breakfast it's the highlight.

The men in the hotel are mega grumpy and slimey, for all inclusive you can't keep going to the bar for drinks, you have to go for your own drink and take the same glass back, they have mega issues with this, and were quite aggresive to a number of guests, including my boyfriend who the marched back to the table outside stating we were storing drinks. My boyfriend only wanted a coke for himself as he doesn't drink, they were bang out of order.

With been in the middle of no where you do find a lot of bugs and insects, we did experience cockroaches in our room, but a spray of deet spray every night after kept them away.

A week was definately long enough, the hotel only does kareoke one night and a greek night, so you have to get out or make your own entertainment.

If you want a nice cheap meal try Danielle in the little village, they do the best calzone pizza ever! and a starter to share costs 50 cents we really couldn't beleive it!

I'd say if your booked up don't worry you will be fine, but it's just not the best, you only get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SparklyEmz
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Just returned from one week at Rodos Star and want to let others know what a dreadful experience we had.
Our room was infested with cockroaches,and I dont mean one or two and when we went to the reception desk they kindly sold us a tin of insecticide for 3.50 Euros {is it me or is it reasonable to expect the hotel to deal with such things]?
Also the built in wardrobe was home to a family of lizards so we didnt unpack all week.
Next ...All Inclusive ,do yourself a favour go self catering and eat and drink elsewhere.The food was just about edible,although lukewarm,snacks did not exist beyond a cheap stale biscuit mid-afternoon.Drinks....well put it this way I drank literally half a bottle of the "all inclusive"whisky in one sitting and Iswear I was more sober at the end than when I started..draw your own conclusions!
The water supply failed on day four and the management said "it maybe back on in an hour,maybe tomorrow" they didnt seem at all concerned.
Location....At the top of a very very steep hill [known to us and other internees as cardiac hill] you need to be EXTREMELY fit and well to even attempt the up hill climb.
Be warned to get a cab up and down the hill will cost you 10 Euros and as the hotel shop has a very limited stock [no cigarettes] you will have to face the trek to the village.
In conclusion unless you want to waste hundreds of pounds on a load of heartache and dissappointment learn from our mistake JUST DONT DO IT!..you have been warned

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank baggy1957
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
0.7 km away
0.3 km away
Iris Hotel
Iris Hotel
#7 of 18 in Afandou

Been to Rodos Star Hotel? Share your experiences!