“Friday night dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and made our first visit to Red's in Coxsackie this past Friday.
It was not terribly busy, although I think that Saturday, when all of the weekend people are in town, it is probably quite busy.
The food was good tasting. My wife had the lobster tail, which she thoroughly enjoyed. Also, she had the shrimp cocktail which she was pleased with. The sauce was not too spicy and not tomato-y.
My filet mignon was nice size, although, much more medium than medium rare I had ordered. I would expect more from a $30.00 filet. A good taste but loses points for preparation.
Our server was pleasant but not easily available.
Everything took an excessive amount of time. We were seated quickly but it was a while before the drink order arriving (the bar was exceptionally slow for each round), our order for meals, etc.
I don't know if it was a staffing issue. There was a private gathering in another room. I don't want to rush through a meal but there is an appropriate amount of time to be left waiting for something, anything (drinks, the food, the bill, etc.).
We will be back at Red's. It was good, but let's see what happens the next time before we or .

Kate K, Owner at Reds Restaurant Incorporated, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience so thoroughly. Please accept my apologies for the wait times you described as they are certainly not the norm. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire staff from that evening so that we all may improve. We strive to make every guest experience exceptional, and look forward to the opportunity to show you that when you return.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We ate dinner here with our family whilst driving from NH to the Catskills. We'd read a review on Trip Advisor saying that it was family friendly. It was great! The kids ate healthy food and really enjoyed it. We had shellfish which was delicious. The atmosphere was great too - there was a birthday party in the function room so we got to enjoy the live band while we ate our dinner! Our waitress was attentive and friendly.

Our only criticism is that there was no changing table for our baby who had to have his nappy changed on the bathroom floor. The addition of a changing table would be so easy. I hope they add one because otherwise it was great!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped 25 minutes before close, exhausted and dirty. Wanted to get take out and head for my motel. Staff got this all done quickly and efficiently. Food was quite good. Staff very helpful. I hope to stop again and stay next time.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Reds is amazing, been here forever and I just now got the chance to go and the food was truly wonderful

Kate K, Owner at Reds Restaurant Incorporated, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

So glad you enjoyed your visit with family at Reds. You're right, Reds has been here for what seems like forever (72+ years) which makes for a lot of years of memories for generations of families. So glad you too are now a part of that history.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

We had not been to Red's for a while so we stopped there recently while on our way back to Albany. We were early and enjoyed a glass of wine and an excellent soft shell crab appetizer.

They have an early bird special 3 course for$16.99. I liked the Manhattan chowder and my wife said the fried green tomato appetizer was very tasty. Main courses of stuffed sole and shredded turkey over capellini were well prepared. Several simple but satisfying desserts are offered on this price fix menu. Service was friendly and efficient. Atmosphere comfortably retro. Will definitely return.