All reviewsthe penthouseacross the roadgreat locationsun roomthe ground flooramazing viewsthermal spafirst floorking bedhear the wavesstayed two nightsstudio roomrestaurants and cafestown centrecomfortable staycooking facilitiesnight stay
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Wow.

As an avid traveller, I have never been so blown away by an accomodation experience. As expected the views were phenomenal. But it was the genuine kindness, passion, and service of the management that really stood out to me. From the moment I arrived I was greeted with warm welcomes, smiles, delightful conversation, and an overview of the area with some spot on recommendations. I was assisted with hauling my (way too may) bags up to my room - which was especially appreciated after a long drive and a stiff back.

Stepping into my room I instantly felt the stress of the drive slip away... but soon realised I had forgotten/lost my charger. whoops! Then as I was sitting on my patio one of the managers walked past and asked how things were going and if i needed anything. When I told her the situation she right away offered to let me use hers, popped off and quickly returned with a charger to borrow.

I followed up on her recommendations and checked out The Lost Springs then went to That Curry Place for dinner. Both incredible. I then returned back to my apartment and enjoyed a lovely evening watching the changing colours in the sky from my patio.

Come morning time I was planning on heading to Hahei / Cathedral Cove for the day .... but scatterbrained me, must have left the lights on in my car. again - whoops! However - Kim to save the day! She scoped me out some jumper cables and quickly grabbed her car to give me a jump. Yay :)

Checking out was sad, I could have stayed in the luxury apartment forever. This is a perfect location to view the bay and close to town too. but it will be the people that I will miss the most. The couple managing these apartments are really in their niche and are the most wonderful people to welcome you into a new town.

I always felt very welcomed. I always felt as if the management were consistently going above and beyond to ensure I was well cared for. Thank you so much Kim & Mike! You rock!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Michael and Kim V, Manager at Waterfront Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking time to write such a sterling review. It gives us grewat pleasure to exceed guest expectation and to share this amazing region in the Coromandel with others. This is wehat makes it all worthwhile for us in this industry, meeting lovely people like you!
Happy holidays and may 2018 bring you lots of happiness, good health and fun!

Kind regards,

Kim and Michael

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Enjoyable 5 night stay in a great location. Right on the beach and very short walk to shops, restaurants and cafes. We were able to self cater a bit as the facilities were good. The unit was clean, bed comfortable, but may have liked a slightly larger apartment for 5 days, but it was well appointed. The managers very helpful and friendly, we had a lovely time here and would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking time to write this review and share your experience with others.
Please contact us direct the next time you are travelling to NZ and we will make sure you are booked into a Two Bedroom Apartment or the Penthouse Suite if you are enjoying an extended stay. The Ground Floor Two Bedroom Apartment has recently been refurbished with a full kitchen (oven, dishwaher, full refrigerator/freezer, etc) which is ideal especially for longer stays. Hope you are having a lovely holiday season.

Kind regards,

Kim and Michael

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for scallop fest, in first floor two bedroom apartment. Spacious, amazing views and great location. However I wouldn't call it "luxury boutique" its tired and needs to be updated. Handle missing on cupboard in bathroom, grouting coming off in floor tiles in shower, grill in shower comes off. Bad finishing around bath etc. Apartment was tidy but nothing "luxury".
When we arrived we were met by one of the owners who was very obviously very drunk at 2pm on a Friday, stirring words, steering into space, couldn't work the eftpos machine and told us how she loved to party and that our apartment was her favourite and she had partied in it last night. As we were getting items out of our car, the owner and another lady ran into our apartment and came running out with wine bottles, and glasses that were used and some still had wine in them. When asked if they were from our room, we were told no even though they came out of the room that we went into. When we got into our room we found red wine stains on the bench, a half drink can of bourbon in the fridge and wine stains on the patio. The owner later admitted that they had been drinking in our room when she brought us clean classes. It was obvious that this wasn't just from the night before. On the day we left, the owner, apologised for her behaviour and gave us a discount, which we appreciated. However her behaviour when we arrived was very unprofessional, and we were completely shocked. Especially for somewhere that is listed as "luxury boutique". It's not somewhere that we would stay again or recommend to others.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Very well appointed, comfortable apartment. Cooking facilities available, fresh and clean. Great check-in. A pretty good view, straight up the channel overlooking the beach. Near enough to the eateries. And a really nice quiet spot.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Gorgeous view of the beach and all its goings on. Room was very spacious but very dated. Kitchen came with a note about doing your own dishes and cleaning up. Bathroom was not clean ... loads of hairs everywhere. Main bedroom had a clump of red hair on the floor which had not been vacuumed properly and the drawers had loads of other peoples debris in them (hair, dust, bits of tobacco). The bed was very old and if you weren't careful you got extreme roll together or felt you were rolling off the side. The curtains do not close properly and the ends have come off the tracks. The lounge was very uncomfortable as the couch is an old pull out sofa bed which you fall through the springs when sitting. The vinyl floor throughout was absolutely filthy ... to the point where we scrubbed a section to see if it was meant to look like that or not ... the answer was NOT, dirty was in ground into the texture of the vinyl. Very unpleasant stay! We would have advised before we left in the morning but at 9am on a Saturday morning the office was closed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple