Mercury Bay Holiday Park(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$44
  • Pool
Albert Number 6(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$65
US$63
Hotels.com
Admiralty Lodge Motel(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$97
US$95
Hotels.com
Beachside Resort Whitianga(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$78
US$76
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

Oceans Resort Whitianga(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$91
US$89
Orbitz.com
Blue Marlin Apartments(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
US$74
Orbitz.com
Absolute Beachview B & B(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$80
US$73
Anchorage Motel(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$71
All reviewswell stocked kitchenquiet locationcontinental breakfastpeaceful staycathedral covehot showertwin bedsnew ownersshort drivegood sizewashing machinehot water beachaccommodationmoteldeckingsinkrotorua
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Nice location, off the beach. Nice layout of the accommodation and conference facilities. Family running the Lodge were lovely, I think they are fairly new to this accommodation. The beds in the rooms had no consistency - I had a conversation at breakfast with a conference colleague (we were both bemoaning the beds). I thought she must have had the same very soft bed as me, but it turned out hers was hard as rock whereas mine was soft as clay. Catering was interesting to say the least. The continental breakfast option was good and wide selection available. The cooked option was a little 'odd' - no selection - everyone got the same on every plate - a fried egg on top of a hash brown, next to a few beans, one rasher bacon alongside a side salad with a soy sauce drizzle. No mushrooms, choice of how your egg done, no sausage etc. A bit odd. Conference delegates not staying at the accommodation had a bit of a weird time accessing a loo - because those of us staying on site had our own loos in their room.

The other thing that was really odd - the TV had a notice saying do not change channels, $50 fee if you change the channels which I took a photo of - but there were only 3 channels working in my room!

Would I stay here again - I think the rooms were 'on par' with any rooms available in the area, and the young couple who run the place were really nice, but on balance I think I would try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Check bed hardness/softness before accepting a room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Le S
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Had a 2 bedroom family unit. Everything clean but older style. However the beds were TERRIBLE!! Ended up being seasick all night on a bed that bent like a banana. Also a bit out of town. Out of all the prebooked accomodation we stayed at it was the worst. All you want is a good bed to have a good night sleep after a day of travelling and that was impossible. Couldn't fault the owners hospitality though. They were lovely.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank T S
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I ran a weekend conference here for about 45 people. Attendees stayed at the Lodge with the overflow at local B&B, motel and Backpackers. The conference venue is under new management and they were very helpful and friendly. The conference room can seat about 45 people. We used a local caterer from Jandals Cafe, who provided an excellent meal Saturday night, and i would recommend using this option.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2016

The only reason I didn't rate this a 5 is that outside, on the porch, there were containers for smokers... and I hate smoke! So the fact that this wasn't entirely a smoke-free venue brings my rating down - even though I didn't smell any smoke. But the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the heater and television and clock worked well. I was also very pleased that they used a service other than Zenbu for Wi-Fi!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2016

My family stayed 3 days. we really enjoyed it, quite and simple but warm.
Breakfast was also really good.
All staff were kind and friendly. It was not far from the main beach. We could walk , took about 15 to 20 minutes for normal walking steps.
We really liked to stay just like our home.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family