“Change of ownership has not changed the quality”
Review of The French Fig

The French Fig
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Whitianga
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 July 2017

This was a chance to sample the kitchen for the first time in a long time, and a chance to see whether the change of ownership has impacted the menu. The breakfast menu does not seem to have changed. I chose The GF Grill - basically a big breakfast - whilst my sister had Mushrooms on toast, and English Breakfast tea of course. The tea arrived promptly, nice hot and strong and the food arrived shortly thereafter. No complaints at all - beautiful bread toast, homemade sausages, gorgeous portobello mushrooms being the highlights. Afterwards we bought Raspberry French Custard tart for afternoon tea later - very very nice!

Overall, still one of the very best cafes in Whitianga with great food and a nice ambiance.

1  Thank Ian M

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

The French Fig is a great place,
The food is delicious, and is first class in flavour and would match it with the the city!

The coffee was great, and the leg ham, spinach, tomato and Brie Croissant was very good.

This is the Best cafe I have stopped at in all the country towns around New Zealand!

1  Thank TrevorRadburn
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Lovely cafe which was recommended to us. Staff were bright and cheerful, food choices were plentiful, and there was a good ambiance to this cafe. Love the gifts on display too, quite an eclectic mix of things. Easy angle parking outside, and on the Main Street so right in the hub. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Came here for Lunch, with family, ordered bacon and eggs and a coffee. Food and drink was both hot, did not have to wait long, and both the coffee and the food was nice and hot.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

In December 2016 I was in Whitianga for work. This café was recommended to me.

I purchased myself 1x ginger slice for my drive back to Hamilton.
I didn't start eating it until I was more than halfway back home, and I wished at the time that I tried it before I left Whitianga.

Luckily, I went back for work just recently in April and knew that I would most definitely go back and purchase myself ginger slice. Tis time I walked out with 2x slices and enjoyed every single bite of it.

I cant wait for my next business trip!!!