“Pretty decent food”
Review of The Pour House

The Pour House
Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Whitianga
Description: A casual family friendly bar and eatery serving home cooked food from scratch. The menu is limited but varied and we cook everything fresh just for you. Famous for our fabulous fish and chips, ribs and mussels in Thai coconut sauce. Some of these are not always available so call us first.
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We got the lamb burger and the butter chicken, both of which were specials for the day. The burger was very good, as were the potato crisps it came with. The butter chicken could have used a little spice, but the papadum (?) was one of the best I've ever had. I usually don't like this in the States but somehow it was very good here.

The beers are a bit pricey but good. Worth a visit if you're in the area!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We a had a bit of extra time so called in for ribs & chips and drinks. Lovely setting in the garden, great place worth the stop.
best chunky chips ever.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to visit The Pour House by a friend who lives locally and I'm so glad we did. We had lunch and tasted some of the great beers available. There was a group of seven of us including two children and we enjoyed the varied menu and drinks. I will definitely visit again next time I'm at Hahei!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Went into this restaurant as we were in the area and very hungry. Shared the ribs with my partner. A few pork ribs (bones pretty much) with minimal meat and dressed in standard bbq sauce.. were placed on the plate along with a handful of fries and a couple table spoons of salad. Very average and $25 Not happy. I’ve had a lot better for less.
However I did enjoy the apple crumble cider

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Took a quick lunch on board before Cathedral Cove walk. Excellent garden, atmosphere and quick service, The pizza was huge and enough for two and good value. Shame we couldn't linger and sample the huge range of craft beers ... another day?

Date of visit: April 2018