“The best breakfast in town”

The Harbour House Cafe
Ranked #21 of 60 Restaurants in Whitianga
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The service is quick, the coffeee is great and the breakfasts are a whole lot of food so you better be hungry. The big breakfast is Big, but has a good variety of foods on the plate and the poached egg and creamy mushrooms are to die for. great option of a smaller breakfast is also offered.

1  Thank ElementsWatersp0rts

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Fantastic location, great inside seating and outside deck, absolutely delicious homemade food and the excellent coffee. Food serving sizes are very generous. A short stroll from the ferry terminal where all the boat tours leave and across the road from a handy children's playground.
Despite some other comments to the contrary, we found the staff were very friendly and efficient.
Would visit again in the future.

1  Thank Wendy and Albie N
Reviewed 4 May 2017

This café was recommended to me by my motel agent, as I was in Whitianga on a business trip I needed somewhere to eat nice and early.

I was one of 3x individual people who were in the café the entire time I was there.

I chose to sit outside on the large porch as the sun was shining and with a beautiful and peaceful view of the harbor, why would you not?!?!

However, after about 5minutes of my peaceful enjoyment, I could only hear the staff complaining from the kitchen about all sorts of issues, mainly so, the financially side of the business and how they pay companies so much money and that they don't like being taken for granted etc etc...

My coffee took 10minutes to arrive ... remember I was only 1 of 3 people in the whole café

Secondly, my breakfast took 25minutes to arrive... which I felt was too long considering there were only 3x of us there.

Although, I enjoyed my breakfast the complaining ruined my experience at this café, it is not appropriate or professional behavior and I highly recommend this stop!!

1  Thank BiancaTravelLover13
angejarrad, Owner at The Harbour House Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Hello Bianca, firstly thanks so much for your comments on our food etc we greatly appreciate it! I am the owner and not at all aware of any of my staff complaining about anything financial to do with my business as they don't really care or have anything to do with the finances and I myself am away on holiday so not sure who was "complaining" also the kitchen is 2 walls and a deck from the outside area and because it is winter and very chilly we keep the doors closed that lead onto our deck so I'm not really sure how you would have heard any noise from the kitchen?, as for your food taking a long time? 25min is very standard for a meal if you want it fresh and made with love..
We do appreciate your positive feedback however I am very disappointed you took to social media to point out something that you "overheard" whilst eating at our establishment, if this did happen I am sorry you had to hear other peoples conversations,but I cant control what others say and do.

thanks for your review!

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location, great deck, absolutely delicious homemade food and the best coffee we've had in NZ. Serving sizes very generous so great value. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

2  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Good coffee & good position across road from marina but strange aloof attitude of most of staff which put me off revisiting