“Fun Conveyer Belt Sushi Parade ”

East Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 57 Restaurants in West Nyack
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I love coming to this restaurant at the Palisades Center Mall because not only is the food we'll prepared and tasty, it's fun to chose the selections you want as they spin around a long conveyer belt in the restaurant. The different plate colors match the price chart in front of you so you know exactly what you are taking and how much it costs. A lot of fun and good food.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with family yesterday and there is sushi on parade. It was a Tuesday night and pretty crowded for a weeknight. On Tuesdays they have salmon specials. Waitstaff is very attentive. I also had the avocado salad which was delicious. The only drawback that I found was that their menu is pretty limited.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

On Sunday our party of four stopped for lunch at the East Japanese Restaurant in the Palisades Mall. My wife and I had never been to a sushi conveyer belt restaurant and were very excited to see how it worked. Our server seated us in a cosy booth where we could see all the sushi (on color coded plates) roll by on the belt. We were also given menus if we wanted to special order sushi or other types of dishes. My wife, not being a lover of sushi, chose to order an appetizer sized order of shrimp tempura. This consisted of four nice sized shrimp cooked perfectly. The rest of us started picking our sushi choices as the dishes made their rounds on the conveyer belt. By the time we were finished we had selected 20 plates of sushi and finished up with 2 plates of desserts. When we were done our server collected our plates and tallied up the bill based on the plate colors. It can be a bit expensive but it was really a lot of fun. All the sushi was fresh and delicious, and the service was prompt and friendly. I would certainly try a sushi conveyer belt again, but I would probably limit myself to a few less plates.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Conveyor belt sushi where you sit at a table or a bar and pick small plates as they go by. Kinda like an airport baggage claim .You pay at the end when the server takes the plates and counts up your bill by category (i.e white plates are inexpensive, green less so, and black or checkered are the more pricey with more colors in between)

This particular place is conveniently located in the Palisades Center Mall on the restaurant floor. While the food is not the best (suffice it to say that the sushi makers have not been recruited from Japan) and offerings are not beyond anything standard, I gave this and extra star for the fun of doing this. You can also order direct from the menu, but there is a restaurant a few stores down that you would be better served in doing this. Best part of this place is the half priced sake during weekdays

This is worth a try to see if you enjoy the style, just don't expect Masa and if you have enough half priced sakes (hot please) you won't much care :)

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Large variety of food here. They seat you down and a conveyor belt with the food comes around for you to pick off and take from the belt. You get charged based on the color and design of the plates. You can also order off the menu if you don't see everything on the belt. We ended up ordering additional sashimi from the menu. Saves you the trouble to get up and walk to the buffet, instead the buffet comes to you. Fun time.

2  Thank yardleywang