“Great Food, but difficult to talk”
Review of Bluestone Tavern

Bluestone Tavern
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

The tavern food was ample and delicious. The four of us shared a wonderful calamari appetizer, and then because the entree portions were so very good and generous wound up taking half of our food home. We ate in the dining room, and had a very loud party next to us. We should have requested moving to the other side of the room because with the high ceilings and wooden floor (most attractive) the acoustics were NOT good.
They also had a very busy sports bar, and the folks in there seemed to be having a great time!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Great food, cold beer and incredible atmosphere! This is a neighborhood gem! Always great, consistent!

Reviewed 29 April 2016

The food here is always very good. The separate bar section is also a great gathering place. The appetizers and entrees are very unique

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I love gastropubs. We decided to visit bluestone on the recommendation of a friend claiming "really good burgers". First impression it was a really large space but the old bones of the fancy steakhouse that was here before were still obvious. I thought it strange that they didn't remodel it to be a touch more modern or current. We sat the menu looks impressive there were like 20 items that looked really good. We started with onion soup which was good but the cheese could've been browned more. My husband ordered the chipotle burger and I got the sunny side up burger. Although the burgers were ok mine was over cooked and the pretzel buns they serve it on start to fall apart as soon as you pick them up. Especially mine I had a fried egg on top and the dense pretzel bun didn't absorb any of the yolk it just cascaded off the side. The chipotle aioli tasted like salted mayo very little flavor and my burger was supposed to have truffle onions which tasted like regular onion strings to me. The most annoying thing was for a gastropub the tap list was unimpressive at best just like any TGIFridays. If you want a real gastropub experience skip this place and go to brewology in Port Jefferson.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

Fun night out, if you don't mind noise from bar area. Now not always is is noisy, but it is always good and fun. We love the chicken meatball appetizers, the flatbread pizzas, the burgers, and salads.