“Know what you're getting and you'll be happy”

Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed 25 July 2017

My teenage daughter and I were very happy with this hotel. However, one must be of a certain type to appreciate it. It reminded us of a Las Vegas hotel - over the top, but in a fun way. If you're an upper-class, modern hotel aficionado, this hotel is likely not for you, judging from some of the reviews I'm glad I didn't listen to.

Pros:
-Huge room. We could have put 6 of our NYC hotel rooms into it. We got the cheapest room through Groupon, so I can only imagine what the others look like.
-Well stocked. We had 6 bath towels, 4 hand towels, and two washcloths. Also extra pillows, iron, and hair dryer.
-Large shower. Probably 5'x7'. A little awkward to walk across the room to change the temperature, but very nice to be able to turn it on without getting my arm wet.
-Bed very comfortable. To address the "no comforter" issue in some reviews, first, they are gross. Don't you know they aren't washed? This way you don't need to worry about what is crawling on the comforter. Second, there is a fitted sheet, flat sheet, thick(ish) blanket, then another fitted sheet. All quite comfortable and very clean. Third, we had the same sheet set up in our crazy expensive NYC hotel room - so it is not out of the ordinary.
-Quiet air. Air conditioner was actually quite quiet - that's new for us.
-Full breakfast. Juices, ice water, fruit, cereal, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, bagels, and waffles.

Cons: (Had to really think!)
-Breakfast. Avoid the "eggs". They're the typical mush made from powder, I'm guessing. (The rest is good.)
-No microwave in room. However, there are microwaves at every ice machine (3 in our hallway alone) so it isn't a problem.
-No "Do Not Disturb" light. We were woken up by the housekeeping staff (very apologetic!) because our DND light wasn't on. Turned out, we didn't have a switch for it. Didn't have a placard for the doorknob either. Housekeeping provided one for the next day, so all was good. If you don't have a switch by the door for the light, be sure you have a placard out before bed.
-Shower dispenser. Shampoo, conditioner, and gel in a plastic wall dispenser, but we are good with fewer tiny plastic bottles in the landfill, plus we had as much as we needed. Products are cheap (as they always are, no surprise there) though so bring your own conditioner. Shampoo and gel smell awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for room on opposite side of hotel from parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank chaneden
There are newer reviews for Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Was a very nice stay. Room was remodeled some since last visit. Breakfast was good. Lot of restaurants around area. Jetted tub in room nice, but not all jets worked. Shuttle driver very nice. Scheduled appointment for pickup, drop off at airport. Nice for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

WOW, this was the biggest room I have ever stayed in. I think the door to the room I stayed in said mini suite, if so I could not imagine a room bigger than ours. Clean room that looked like a small apartment, friendly staff and good breakfast the next morning. Could not ask for anything more. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben-inGwinnett
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We had a great experience at Salvatore's Grand Hotel, from check in to check out. Staff was prompt and courteous from check in to check out. Everyone says good morning or hello as they pass, and reacted quickly and professionally to any requests we had. The rooms are unique for sure. Our suite had a beautiful table that accommodated my family and some guests perfectly. The shower was beautiful in our room, and I appreciated having a separate toilet area in the suite. The jacuzzi bath in our room was classy and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and we had an incredibly beautiful chest of drawers that I would love to have in my own home! I was not bothered by hallway noise from other guests and found the courtyard particularly charming. The bar staff and breakfast staff were great, too. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I was not sure what to expect when I booked this hotel online- but it looks exactly like it did in the pictures online!!! My husband and I stayed here for a weekend trip to niagra falls and booked the presidential suite. It was wonderful and within 40 minutes of niagra falls. Beds were very comfortable and the hotel was very clean and well maintained!
Beautiful and unique!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
0.0 km away
0.5 km away
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
4.6 km away
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 6615 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221-7213 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Region: United States > New York > Williamsville
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Price Range: RM461 - RM789 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville