“Enchilada's All Around!”

La Tolteca
Ranked #22 of 161 Restaurants in Williamsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Stopped by here to meet our daughter and granddaughter on their way back home. We were seated promptly and someone brought of some nice taco chips and salsa.
When we were ready to order we surprised ourselves by almost all of us ordering some form of Enchilada.
I ordered the Enchiladas Poblana with a Mole Poblano sauce because I like chocolate. These were all chicken. My wife ordered the Tri Color Enchiladas, which were 2 chicken and 1 cheese enchilada with 3 different sauces:Green Tomatillo, Mole Poblano, and and Traditional. Granddaughter ordered the traditional Enchiladas (chicken - not too adventurous.
Daughter ordered the Chimichanga - deep fried the tradition way.
All food came out very fast, our server was right on top of things with more beverages, chips and salsa when asked for.
The dishes were all great. I really liked the Mole sauce, it's different - not sweet, just a bit of heat to it. There was nothing on the plates to take home, and we declined dessert.
Fr a quick fast meal that's tasty, give this place a try. I think the Mexican food here is terrific.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

I was so glad when La Tolteca opened upon Transit a few years back. The food is terrific and the menu extensive. I had the seafood burrito and will definitely try the Sopa de Mers (seafood soup ) next time. They have a good selection of Mexican beer including Pacifico and the place looks like you are in Williamsville. The owners and many staff appear to be Mexican and all are helpful in making a visit truly authentic.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

My wife and I went there on Friday night at 7:30. They were very busy with a 20-25 minute wait. We were already there so we decided to wait it out. While waiting, there were at lease 3 other tables of people in front of us that left because they didn't want to wait any more. Then at least 5 other tables turned around and walked out when they found out how long of a wait there was. Good for us and bad for them. We were seated in 10 minutes in the bar area and our server was there minutes later. Their salsa was great, we couldn't stop eating it. We ordered and our food arrived in about 15 minutes. It was hot, fresh, and nice size servings. The meals was good, the service was fast, and the décor was well done. We'll be back sooner than later.

1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 26 September 2016

My wife and I ate here once again last week. Once again, it was a great culinary experience. The Mexican style food was great (especially the Texas Fajitas and the Mexican Steak). We had a very nice and efficient waiter who actually addressed us as "folks" instead of "guys" (my wife is definitely NOT a guy). Good food, good service, nice atmosphere. What's not to like? We will go there again and again.

1  Thank MarkMary
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

I was the there with my grandson. We both ordered the chimichanga dinner. It it always perfect 2 crispy chicken chimi's with rice. You also get sour cream & guacamole. One of our favorite places.