“Great Prime Rib”

Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Wilmington
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Saturday night is there Prime Rib Night served with Choice of Potato or Rice, Glazed Carrots, Beef Vetable Soup and a help yourself Salad Bar.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

In a small town it is nice to find a decent, quick breakfast where locals clearly eat. This is that place. Good price and fast service.

1  Thank RP_lovesplants
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We are a hiking group that selected this place after a hike. All the places we eat is very accommodating giving us separate bills. This place refused to give separate bills . So the food has not come yet but it didn't start off his good. I can promise I would never come here again and tell all my friends and family. Especially in our group of 2000 hikers..

Reviewed 1 July 2016

I'll start by saying we went while Lake Placid and a lot of the area was in the middle of a black out. Wilmington had power so people were packing it into Wilmington restaurants. We arrived around seven pm. It's a small place so they were full. Two tables were being cleared and my family of 3 were waiting. Another family of five came in after us. I was not upset about waiting, it was to be expected. Well one table gets cleaned that has five chairs so the people that came in after us get seated. I am not pleased but ok. We wait and wait while another cleaned table sits unoccupied. I overhear an older woman who works there asking one of the younger ones why the table is empty and we are waiting. We sit. I had looked at the menu on line so I was prepared. We got water and then the wait began. We sat a very long time before we got anything but water. The very young workers were very occupied with cleaning and supplying water. Please note that while the place was full when we entered it has now begun to die down. Only a few came after us and all the other tables were either waiting for food or eating. And the place is small. Well, we sit a long time while a lot of rushing around and talk of "getting slammed" is offered to any ears listening. Finally a waitperson. No welcome, just a " have you decided?" Here was my #1 piss-off: as I said, saw the menu on line. Kids menu had choice of sides as potato, rice and what I remembered as buttered noodles. Not unusual, most kids would live on buttered noodles. Anyway, when I order the meal with the noodles as the side and mentioned I saw it on the web site I get a condescending cross between a snort and a laugh( you know the sound) and get told " we don't have that" " we've never had that." Ok. Way to be gracious. So I pull up the site on my phone and looking closer I see I mistook buttered noodles when it said "battered macaroni and cheese ". Really? As the waitress you didn't know enough to say we have macaroni and cheese when I asked for buttered noodles? Rude and disrespectful. We waited an extreamly long amount of time for our food. Wait, I forgot. The dish I ordered they had run out of. No apology. I know it happens but gee, a sorry would you like a blah blah blah instead is normal. Nope. Got a I think we're out let me check and then a "we're out ." Back to the wait. We weren't the only ones waiting. The table of 5 that got seated before us and 3 tables of two each were also marinating forever. The rush had definitely died down though. The worst part was the waitress never came over. It was like she was avoiding us. No one came near us. No sorry, no update on the progress in the kitchen and the one thing I fail to ever understand no " can I get you anything?" I would have had a drink or two but nobody asked and I am not going to beg for a drink when a server should be smart enough to know drinks increase the bill a lot which means the tip goes up. That's a no brainer. . I tell you truthfully, if I didn't have a hungry 8 year old and it was just my husband and myself I would have left during the great food wait. I have NEVER waited so long and have never been so ignored. The ignoring is the part that gets me and the lack of common sense to try and please your customers. The table of 5? They were upset also. My husband said he overheard them saying they should have offered a drink on the house or something. I didn't even go that far. I just wanted to buy adrink and didn't think I should have to beg for it. An older couple inquired about their food. While we were waiting workers were bustling around and the poor kid with the water hit our table many times( at least he was paying attention and he was getting trained!). One couple left and remarked the old saying patience is a virtue, but meaning it like the the customers needed to learn this. Well the staff need to learn the basics of the hospitality industry. I saw no one getting angry at the waitstaff but did see people were almost in a disbelief. I want to be clear it wasn't the wait that made me angry it was the lack of customer service that infuriated me. I controlled myself especially with the buttered noodle incident. I know my husband was freaked out thinking I was going to show them their own website but I took the higher ground. Oh , the food. My son ate his roast beef and my husband liked his dish. My chicken was chewy. Stuffing and veggies were ok and the gravy that came with the roast beef was very good. Wil not be back.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Very nice restaurant! The food was EXCELLANT! My husband had a huge burger and I had a meatball stroganoff!! We were both pleased!! There was a salad bar and a drink bar. Our waitress was great! We sat by a window and watched a hummingbird feeding on flowers and a feeder that was there. Great atmosphere too!!