“Food and the View were amazing!”

The Hungry Trout Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Wilmington
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I'm really happy we chose this place for our anniversary dinner. the view on the river and mountains was wonderful and food was delicious!

JerryBot, Front Office Manager at The Hungry Trout Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you so much for the review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope you return soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped hoping to sit on the deck outside to thoroughly enjoy the river that runs past. Turns out that is McDougals Pub and they were full. However, our waiter checked with the chef and informed us they would be happy to serve the pub food in the fine dining area if we'd like. I was traveling with my elderly mother & son & I think they saw our tired faces. We each ended up ordering off the Hingry Troyt's menus. The pan fried trout was fresh and very tasty. I had salmon glazed with a tasty ginger sesame glaze. The salmon was cooked to my liking, medium and very moist. The this person ordered the game sampler and found the venison tough and chewy, the duck very good and cooked perfectly, and the trout very tasty. The julienne summer squash & carrots was lite and fresh and complimented the dishes well.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We like to go here, summer and winter especially when we don't want to deal with the crowds in lake placid.
We always go downstairs to McDougals, which is downstairs from hungry trout. In the winter its a nice atmosphere by the fire.
In the summer, now that they have outdoor seating...Basically on the river, its almost a no brainer. You can't get a better adirondack experience IMO. Yes you can sit overlooking mirror lake, or the chubb river, but sitting on the Ausable, even now when the water is so low is an experience.
The food, I like the steak tips and gorgonzola, burgers are good and so is mac and cheese. Some of the sides, as others have said are just ok. They've changed up the menus a few times in the last year or so. Desserts are also good.
I have the same general complaint these days with most all restaurants, and thats portions are huge and here is no different. Also Kids meals should come with veggie or fruit options not just fries.

Thank you so much for the review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate the feedback and will take your suggestions into consideration. We hope you return soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I went with my family it was a nice dinner nothing spectacular. The view outside is what makes this place nice thou
It makes you really feel like you are in the Adirondacks Mountains

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

I had the pan fried trout which was excellent. The sides were boxed wild rice and frozen green beans with no seasoning. If you order this, ask for different sides. Service was excellent and the view amazing, but for $100, I expected better.

1  Thank CoxFamilyFarms

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate the feedback and will take your suggestions into consideration. We hope you return soon!