“Dependable and Good Chinese Food”
Review of Dragon King

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dragon King
Ranked #27 of 43 Restaurants in Beaufort
Reviewed 27 March 2018

This is our go-to local restaurant for take-out when we don't feel like cooking. The food is a cut above standard Chinese food and they have a good menu. The portions are large and we (two of us) often get two meals apiece from a single entree. I like that it's owned by a family and over the years we've seen the kids grow up. Don't think they load their food with MSG--which gives me insomnia. Have no trouble sleeping after a Dragon King meal. When I have a cold or flu, their Hot n Sour Soup is just the ticket for a helpful sinus-clearing meal. I like this place and its food. For a sit down meal it's kind of sterile, but not bad. The buffet has closed.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

It's obviously a husband and wife deal. SHe worked the register while the baby cried in its stroller. The wife was stressed but still moved from cashiering and babysitting directly to the kitchen without washing her hands. I didn't get Norovirus and let's face it, you probably won't either. Microbes are ubiquitous and you just hope your immune system works properly.

This dark dreary place has booths with nothing on them and no decoration or atmosphere at all. There was a table full of paper towels and other supplies that appeared to be stored in the eating area. I would never eat in the facility.

I got Sweet and Sour chicken and it was fine, but I doubt I'll go back.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Standard Chinese fair. Kind of a dark and dingy place and not very tidy. I like the food ok. The Soups and Egg Rolls are good. I like the general Tso's Chicken.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Dragon King is hands down the best chinese food I have ever eaten. I have never gotten a bad meal. The buffet is on point. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We had a take away. I can't comment on the restaurant, except that it was deserted. The takeaway however was very tasty and almost embarrassingly inexpensive. Good portions too!