All reviews waffles denny s egg patties taco bell hotel motel housekeeping staff new carpet light bulbs nice size nice place to stay would stay here again continental breakfast weekend trip visit family ingles grocery store mountain town bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 28 November 2017

The smoke detector was hanging out of the wall on its wiring. The bathroom was deplorable. Mold along the caulking. I could turn the tub facet around the threads it was so loose. Just an older room that needs some TLC. #104.
Breakfast was OK, normal hotel breakfast. You can walk to the grocery store/ Starbucks across the street. No real walkways - FYI. But, it is right off the highway and close to the downtown shops although not within walking distance

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We come to Black Mountain regularly to visit family. In the past we have avoided this hotel, as the reviews have been so poor. The hotel has been updated and greatly improved.
The rooms are pleasant and nicely appointed. The only flaw was some molding that needed to be replaced in the bath. There was a lightbulb needing to be replaced in one lamp. I loved the reading spotlight by the bed, allowing one to read without disturbing others.
The large TV mounted on the wall was stupendous.
The bedding was comfortable and the linens in the bath were large and fluffy.
The breakfast was average; not the best quality, but adequate.
We will certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back which faces a hill and bottom floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I stayed here one night on a cross-country trip. The hotel was very clean and updated and my room was spacious. The general manager checked me in at the front desk and was friendly and helpful. Location is great with a very good Ingles grocery store (with a Starbucks inside) right across the way. Many good restaurants close by although I didn't eat out during my brief visit. This will be my go-to if I'm ever through Black Mountain again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2017

The king room was comfortable, and the hotel location was great with easy access to the historic downtown. The desk clerk wasn't from Black Mountain, so couldn't make any recommendations for things to do or restaurants downtown. The breakfast was a step above continental. We would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindy b
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed here during the Sourwood Festival and because of that, the rates were increased. Although a nice hotel, recently remodeled with a friendly staff, it wasn't worth what we paid, although we were happy to have found a place to stay. Would likely be better when demand isn't so high.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple