Monte Vista Hotel
Quality Inn(Black Mountain)
US$85
QualityInn
Super 8 Black Mountain(Black Mountain)
US$65
TripAdvisor
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$64
QualityInn
US$62
  • Pool
US$68
Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$84
All reviewslocal arthistoric hotellobby areahardwood floorsyogurtfor salecontinental breakfastpublic spacesoutside patioresident caton displaymain buildingkind of placesmall hoteldowntown black mountainwedding partybed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Years ago my group ( 4) went to Black Mountain for a golf package. We stayed at Monte Vista. The golf was good but this place was excellent. Very old but well kept up. Golf or no golf I'll go back. The atmosphere great,food was very good and its walking distance to the town. This place is one real laidback place to just set on the front porch and watch the cars go by.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Last weekend we found ourselves driving near Asheville, NC on an unplanned trip and stumbled upon this awesome Bed and Breakfast from an internet search. Best find in years with accommodations. There were four adults and 2 children in need of a room. The staff really went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of, starting with a guided tour of the property and ending up with an escort to our rooms.
Rooms were clean and quiet. Property is kid friendly, but have to admit bar was cool also - even have a patio with outdoor fireplace for the adults.
We did not end up eating in the restaurant, but the menu looked good. Even though they had a large wedding party in house, we felt like we were a priority.
Highly recommend for any occasion! I will be back.

Room Tip: King Rooms have BEST Views
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We overnighted here and enjoyed our stay. We opted to stay in the historic older section of the home and, while quaint, the room was an average bedroom that you'd find in your own home -a bit small with average furnishings. The bed was incredibly comfortable as were the pillows.The bathroom is your average home bathroom although everything was clean and working properly (quite a statement for a property this old). As we knew ahead of time, there are no electronics in the room, consistent with the quaint nature of the older home. The hosts were incredibly friendly and accommodating and the reason for a 4 star instead of a 3 star. The hotel is located right at downtown Black Mountain and makes exploring incredibly easy. Restaurants, bars, and shopping are close at hand. The grounds are beautiful and invite your to spend some time sitting outside. Breakfast was ample and tasty. In all a good stay but my next visit will likely be in the newer section.

Room Tip: New section has TVs and a bit larger rooms. Older section quaint with a sense of history.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carscott
Reviewed 10 November 2017

We were in one of the "king" rooms and it was lovely. There was a mix up when we checked in, but the receptionist did a fabulous job in making sure everything was fixed and we were happy. They have a small bar area, where the bartender was very attentive and took great care of us. In the morning, the same bartender was then our waitress, where she performed equally well. The Sunday brunch was very good, even though it was a little expensive.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the third floor as this is the only floor with central heating and air conditioning.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We just stayed here for the first time last weekend, and it was wonderful. Large rooms with high ceilings in the (old part), great staff, and great location. Walking distance to everything in Black Mountain and just a short drive into Asheville. We could have used a ceiling fan (I Iike air circulation), but it was not uncomfortable, and it was nice to stay in a place where one can still open windows. The patio out back was beautiful with a perfect fire pit for chilly nights. I didn't miss TV one bit, and we were too busy to want it. The bathrooms were microscopic, but the closet was huge for a hotel. I also didn't grasp the purpose of a curious glass-front cabinet in the corner, but it didn't bother me. My hubby doesn't do stairs - or walk much - so he got a workout that he sorely needed but didn't expect. We were on the second floor and had no issue whatsoever with noise. I didn't see it on any other of the reviews, so I should add there is local artwork for sale in all of the public spaces - some of which I wish I had bought. I love old hotels, and I found this one absolutely charming.

Room Tip: Not entirely handicapped-friendly, but we made do. There's a ramp in the newer wing, but one still has to get in and out of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family