“Great place for lunch!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in on our way to Asheville. I had the grilled chicken sandwich/soup combo and my husband had the buffalo wings. Both were excellent. I couldn’t finish mine. We will definitely be back when in the area.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We have frequented Dark City Deli over the years and likes the food a lot. Today’s experience has made me not want to return. I called in a take out order at 5:30 and was told it would be 15-20 minutes. At 6:30 I received our food and was charged $5 more than the menu posted online. They said their new menu was not up online yet. Once I got home I discovered part of my order missing. I hope things improve.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We had gone to Black Mountain with the intention of eating at a different restaurant however, they were closed (for two weeks!). A shop owner in town gave us several selections and this was one. We now have new place to eat!!!! Our waitress Casey was an absolute delight. The artichoke and cheese appetizer was SO good I got an extra order to take home!!! Great selection of sandwiches, burgers and salads. Nice patio seating for the summer!!!!

Reviewed 25 December 2017

After a morning of shopping, we stopped at the Dark City Deli for lunch. We had to wait approximately 15 minutes for a table- party of 5 (3 adults, two children). Once seated, we order our soft drinks and food. The waitress brought our drinks right away, but we ended up waiting 45 minutes for our meals. The waitress did not check-in with us until right before we received our meals. We noticed that other patrons that were seated right before us or right after were also waiting a long time for their meals.

The atmosphere was cold and dark. We sat with our coats on, and as we looked around, other patrons were doing the same. The bathrooms had no heat, and the faucet water was cold- it was like the arctic circle- brrr!

The food was average, and the prices were too high for lunch- bill totaled $75.00. After we left, we wished that we would have gone to Olive Garden for lunch.

1  Thank Kellie D
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Great Chicken sandwich, the Dude is large and meaty and tasty with a hint of avacado and other wonderful flavorings. A favorite!