“Locals know the good spots”
Review of Dark City Deli

Dark City Deli
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Stayed at Ridgecrest and Dark City was recommend the Philly Cheese Sandwich. Took the advice and was not disappointed. Added the side salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette dresses. Very good.
Only con: I sat outside. As I was finishing up some ladies decided to sit down and smoke. Guess the no smoking sign did not apply to them.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I'm always impressed to find a restaurant that offers the option of gluten-free bread, as not many do. I enjoyed a delicious Reuben on gluten-free bread. The meat was lean and delicious. Husband had his first ever Panini and enjoyed it immensely. The restaurant is clean and quirky inside. We enjoyed the atmosphere very much. It's nestled in the middle of the Black Mountain shopping district. This great lunch started our day off perfectly!

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in on our way to Asheville. I had the grilled chicken sandwich/soup combo and my husband had the buffalo wings. Both were excellent. I couldn’t finish mine. We will definitely be back when in the area.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We have frequented Dark City Deli over the years and likes the food a lot. Today’s experience has made me not want to return. I called in a take out order at 5:30 and was told it would be 15-20 minutes. At 6:30 I received our food and was charged $5 more than the menu posted online. They said their new menu was not up online yet. Once I got home I discovered part of my order missing. I hope things improve.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We had gone to Black Mountain with the intention of eating at a different restaurant however, they were closed (for two weeks!). A shop owner in town gave us several selections and this was one. We now have new place to eat!!!! Our waitress Casey was an absolute delight. The artichoke and cheese appetizer was SO good I got an extra order to take home!!! Great selection of sandwiches, burgers and salads. Nice patio seating for the summer!!!!